Yes, it’s so tiring that everytime we want to travel we have to worry about all the paperwork and requirements regarding certain documents. Whether you apply for a Visa, Green Card, working permit or passport, you need an ID photo of yourself. And not just any ID photo, you have to make sure that it meets all the legal requirements, while you also have to worry about not looking like a gnome. There are indeed many websites and apps that allow their users to create passport photos themselves and upload it online, then have it shipped to them. However, which are the best such tools, the most convenient, the easiest to use, or the cheapest? That depends solely on your desires. We can not say that it is the absolut tool, but we vow that Mypassportphotos is a great help regarding such issues.
Here are some general information about this online service
Mypassportphotos is an American website/ application for both Android and AppStore that creates and delivers ID photos for documents such as: passport, via, working permit, Green Card, or general purpose.
On first sight, the interface looks pretty professional and attractively made, though the color grey as theme might be boring for some people. Right on the first page we are bombarded with all the information regarding the website, so it is not designed with a menu bar, which might have made it easier for the users. Probably the first thing we notice will be the background photo of a girl holding an USA passport and some bragging words about their
Moving on to the app, which does not seem to be found on Android, but works if you own an iPhone 9.0 or later. Aesthetically speaking, we could say that the app interface looks a bit more appealing, with a blue theme, and the advantage is that you can take a photo with your phone and upload it right away.
Let’s see which are some of its features
- It shipps the required passport photos all over the world and they usually arrive pretty fast, in a maximum of 14 days (for international shipping), or in 5-7 working days, or you can pick them yourself from any drugstore of your choice (if you live in the States), or receive them online
- Like any other similar passport photo service, you can upload an ID photo of yourself from your computer/phone/tablet gallery, after you select the country that you need it for, and the number of copies (you can choose up to 12 copies).
- The prices start at $0.99 for one ID photo, to $11.99 for 12 photos.
- Like the other passport photo services, you will be told if the ID photo meets the government compliance of the country that you chose.
- Also, you can request a professional to take a look at your passport photos and adjust them accordingly.
- One other feature is the fact that the user can choose the language in which the website/app to be displayed, which is a great advantage taking into consideration that the platform has customers all over the world, so some of them might not be speaking English.
- The passport photos are printed on 6″x4″ sheets of glossy paper.
- As I stated before, you will find a short video and a number of steps that will help you take a photo
- According to the site, the reviews on Trustpilot are excellent (4.3 out of 5 based on 1,063 reviews)
To sum it up
There are many reasons why you should try Mypassportphotos, as well as some disadvantages, but here is an exact list of what I like/don’t like about the platform:
What I like
What I don’t like
You can choose any ID photo of yourself from your phone/computer/tablet
The site uses Google AdWords Remarketing to advertise the company across the Internet
It’s fast and cheap
The app for Android doesn’t work, only the iOS version
They deliver to locations all over the world
They have no refund policy. So, if you are unhappy with their passport phot services you can retake the passport photo for free if it is not passport compliant
Mypassportphotos provides helpful instructions and guidance
Not the biggest fan of the interface, I would have preferred a menu bar at the top
The ID photos follow the exact legal regulations
What I recommend to you
Taking all the odds into consideration, I think you should give Mypassportphotos a try. Take your time, see how it works and read some reviews if you’d like. But all in all, Mypassportphotos is quite a expensive site so you may consider other alternatives. Passport-Photo.Online includes tons of features you can benefit from. Moreover, the price is way cheaper, an android app version is available and its refund policy states that, in case your photo is not accepted, they will refund you 100% of the paid amount. You will not regret! Give us a try 🙂