Passport and Visa photos online, Belgium documents
Get your perfect biometric photo (compliance guaranteed)
As seen in
How does our photo tool work?
Take or upload photo
Get your photo verified
Enjoy your photo
Take a picture
Quality pictures at hand.
How to prepare yourself?
Distance from the camera
Take the photo from a distance of about 20 inches from your face. Ideally, the photo should be taken by another person.
Face in front of the camera
Place your face in front of the lens and keep a neutral expression on your face. Hold the camera at face height.
Just stand facing a light source such as an exposed window. Don't worry about the background.
Quality pictures at your hand
Compliance check and image retouching service for your photos!
200% guarantee or money back
We return the money if your government authorities reject the photo
Passport Photo Online -
a passport photo app you can trust!
All your needs!
Fast and reliable
Sent to your home
Around the globe
Online passport and visa photos
As you may already know, if you want to travel overseas you will most likely require a passport or a visa. Both these documents are classified as travel documents and are an important element in your travels. A passport might be easier to get and it’s the most used document by people. On the other hand, a visa might have a more in-depth application process. A visa is needed for those countries that are not visa-exempt. If a country requires a visa then make sure to apply for one as you might not enter a specific country with just a passport.
Nevertheless, you should keep in mind that both of these documents have something in common which is a biometric photo. If you want to apply for a passport or a visa then you will need to submit a passport or a visa photo. Luckily, thanks to technology there are now many online applications that can help you obtain one with ease at the comfort of your home. Such an application is also Passport Photo Online where all you have to do is download the app, upload a photo and wait for the validator to check and edit the photo.
If you want to learn more then you should read this article until the end to find out about Belgium identity documents and how to take a passport photo online.
Belgium Identity document photos
Belgium passport photo
If you want to apply for a Belgium passport then you need to know the Belgium passport photo requirements.
- A Belgium passport photo should be taken en face. You have to stand straight and look at the camera lens
- Keep in mind that the photo should be in color. Black and white photos will be rejected.
- The Belgium passport photo should be a recent one, taken at least 6 months prior. This is mostly because a person’s facial features change from time to time.
- Please do not use any kind of filters as they are not allowed. Your face must be clear.
- The background of the photo should be white and nothing should be visible on it. No objects nor any shadows should be present on the background of a Belgium passport photo
- While taking the photo you should keep a neutral facial expression. This means that you can not smile, your eyes must be open and your mouth must be closed.
- The size of a Belgium passport photo must be 35mm x 45 mm. If you use Passport Photo Online, your photo will be automatically cropped to meet the appropriate size.
- Make sure that your photo is printed on high-quality material and do not damage it in any kind of way. Your photo should not have any stains, bruises or marks.
- Head Coverings are not acceptable except for religious reasons.
- Glasses are also not accepted unless you have a medical condition or a prescription saying that you must keep them on at all times.
- Other than that, accessories such as jewelry are accepted as long as they do not obstruct or create shadows on the face.
Belgium visa photo
Second in our list is a Belgium visa photo. As mentioned previously, a visa is needed if the country you plan to travel to requires one. As for the requirements of a Belgium visa photo, they are the same as the passport photo ones mentioned above. The size of a Belgium visa photo is also 35mm x 45mm
If you need a Belgium visa photo then you should definitely try out our application which with the click of a button can turn any regular photo into a biometric one as long as you keep in mind the requirements.
Belgium ID cards
Other identity documents for Belgium include Identity cards, driving licenses, student cards and more. Each of these identity documents will most likely require a biometric photo.
Do know that most of these have different specifications while others have the same requirements as a passport photo. For example, a Belgium driving license photo has the same size as a Belgium passport photo.
Nevertheless, if you need a photo for any Belgium identity document, then you might as well use our photo editor that can help you save time and money.
How to make a passport photo at home?
Now that we mentioned the types of Belgium identity documents and their requirements, we can talk about how to take a passport photo from the comfort of your home.
- First things first, you should download a passport photo maker such as Passport Photo Online or use a web service that works similar to a mobile application.
- After having the application installed, or once you are ready to use the web service, the next step would be preparing the passport photo.
- We recommend having someone stand at least 1.5 meters away from you to take a few shots. Please remember that in order to capture a perfect photo you should choose a place with good lighting. This is because shadows must be avoided in a passport photo.
- Remember to stand up straight and look in front of the camera. Tilting your head left or right is not recommended and neither is looking somewhere else rather than the camera lens.
- Read the specifications again until everything is clear to you.
- After capturing a few shots, the next step would be uploading them in our photo validator. Your photo will be validated so it meets the official requirements. Once it’s ready it will be sent to you via email.
Most common mistakes in a passport photo
So far we have talked about the requirements of a passport photo, however, did you know that many people tend to make many mistakes when taking a passport photo at home by themselves?
Check out these top common mistakes in passport photos so you can avoid them.
- The first common mistake is having the wrong facial expression. Many people like to have a wide smile in a passport photo or have an open mouth. Remember that your facial expression must be neutral in a passport photo!
- Secondly, we have the size of the photo. If you take a passport photo by yourself you may forget to take into consideration the right photo dimensions. For a Belgium passport photo or visa photo, the size should be 35mm x 45mm.
- The next mistake in our list would be the recency of the photo. We have already mentioned that a Belgium passport photo must be a recent one. Not older than at least 6 months. This is because the photo should reflect the recent image of an individual so it can make the identification process for example at an airport much easier.
- Another mistake would be the quality of the photo. Please make sure to print your passport photo on high-quality paper when you take it. The photo should not be blurry or have any marks on it.
- Last but not least, we have selfies. Most people think that taking selfies can count for passport photos, but that’s not true. A selfie does not qualify for biometric standards. If you take a selfie then we guarantee you that it will be rejected.
Online passport photo tool
We already mentioned our application a couple of times throughout this page, however, let's go through what our application can do one last time in detail.
Our passport photo tool can turn any photo into a biometric one. How does that happen? It’s easy. All you have to do is take a picture, upload it and our tool will convert it into a photo that meets the Belgium passport photo requirements. All of this is done automatically within a few minutes.
Passport Photo Online can crop the photo to comply with the Belgium passport photo size and it can replace the background with a plain or white one. The tool also works as a photo validator. This means that your photo will be checked in detail by artificial intelligence to detect or fix any possible mistakes.
Where to download passport photo tool?
Why should I use a passport photo tool?
Here are some of the reasons you should use our passport photo tool:
- First of all, you save time and money. You no longer have to go to a professional photographer because now you can learn how to take a passport photo by yourself.
- You can upload as many photos as you want and pick the one that you like the most. In the end, you will only pay for one that meets all the criteria for a Belgium passport photo.
- Our tool is a perfect photo validator. Thanks to artificial intelligence you can now no longer worry about your passport photos as they will be thoroughly checked and validated to meet the official requirements.
- We guarantee you that your passport photo or visa photo will be 100% approved by the relevant authorities.
We provide photos for IDs from all over the world. You’ll find the one you are looking for!
Are You Satisfied With Our Service?
Let us know how we’re doing.
Customer feedback is always welcome.
Rate Your Reading Experience:
Number of votes: 30788