Professional photo for your CV Why should you include a photo in your CV?
Although it sounds unfair, Hiring Managers are drawn to images. A biometric photograph in your Curriculum Vitae will definitely help you build your brand and make the recruiters remember you
. Imagine that you are a professional recruiter and your daily job is to go through tens if not hundreds of CVs. Undoubtedly, your CV is going to possess unique entries, however, they may get a little blurry in the eyes of a recruiter who has seen lots of other unique CV entries.
A photograph in your CV will not only make your CV easier to remember but also will help the HR Managers picture you as a part of the team or it may even show some desirable personality traits, such as confidence.
Moreover, let’s not forget that if you are applying for a job that requires direct contact with customer, looks might actually be important for the recruitment process.
CV photo tips
- Face the camera directly with full face in view
- Although it may depend on job you apply for, we recommend you the smart casual attire
- Faint smile is encouraged
- Try to look confident in the photo! Imagine yourself fulfilling your biggest dream
- Don’t wear too much make-up or jewellery
CV photo size
Although there are no specific requirements as for CV photo size, we recommend the 35 x 45 mm size, which coincides with the European Union’s standard official documents size. It is not going to be too big, but will still draw recruiter’s attention.
CV writing tips
- Use professional terminology
- Order it chronologically
- In the Interests section, put your professional interests instead of hobbies
- Keep your CV to 2 pages long
- Give your CV document file a professional name