Passport and Visa photos online
Get your perfect biometric photo (compliance guaranteed)
As seen in
How does our photo tool work?
Take or upload photo
Take a photo or upload one from your mobile gallery. Follow our guidelines to meet all the requirements.
Get your photo verified
Let AI fine-tune your photo. Order your picture, and have it verified by an expert to ensure 100% compliance.
Enjoy your photo
Download your digital photo instantly, or have your printouts delivered to your doorstep for free!
Take a picture
Quality pictures at hand.
How to prepare yourself?
Distance from the camera
Take the photo from a distance of about 20 inches from your face. Ideally, the photo should be taken by another person.
Face in front of the camera
Place your face in front of the lens and keep a neutral expression on your face. Hold the camera at face height.
Just stand facing a light source such as an exposed window. Don't worry about the background.
Quality pictures at your hand
Compliance check and image retouching service for your photos!
200% guarantee or money back
We return the money if your government authorities reject the photo
Passport Photo Online -
a passport photo app you can trust!
All your needs!
Fast and reliable
Sent to your home
Around the globe
Passport photo maker
When creating a new personal document such as a passport, identification card, or driver's license, you must include a photograph. However, it should not be any kind of photo because a passport photo must meet some biometric standards.
Nevertheless, the good news is that you no longer have to go to a photographer for a passport photo or to a traditional photo booth because you can now do it yourself. What you need is a passport photo app and read the requirements of a passport photo.
In this article, we will go through everything that you need to know so keep reading it until the end.
Photos for Finland documents
As you know each country has their own identity documents that are used for different purposes. These types of documents might also require you to submit a biometric photo that is used as identification of the document’s holder. Below you can find some of the most common Finnish documents that require a photo as well as learn about the requirements.
Finland passport photo
The first one in the list is the Finnish passport photo. A passport is one of the most common documents worldwide because it is needed in order to be able to travel internationally. To get one, you will need a passport photo that meets the official requirements.
Such requirements for a Finland passport photo are:
- The size must be 35mm x 45mm. Submitting a photo with the wrong size will get it rejected.
- A Finnish passport photo must be a recent one. This is important because the photo must reflect a person's current appearance.
- Maintain a neutral facial expression when taking a passport picture. This indicates that you must not smile (a small smile is acceptable), close your mouth and have your eyes wide open.
- Make sure you're looking straight into the lens of the camera. It is not appropriate to look anywhere else or to stand in a random perspective.
- The photo should be captured against a white background with no visible objects or people behind.
- Glasses are only permitted if they do not obscure your face, and head coverings are only permitted for religious reasons.
- It's best to print the picture on high-quality material.
- Your picture would be rejected if you edit it, you may look natural. It's also not a good idea to use filters or take selfies.
- There is no set rule on what to wear for a passport photo; though, we recommend wearing anything that does not contrast with the background of the passport picture.
- It's important to keep in mind that the picture should be sent in color.
Finland visa photo
If you are looking to travel to Finland but your country is not visa-exempt then you will need to apply for a visa to Finland. One of the requirements for a Finland visa is a visa photo.
The Finnish visa photo must also meet some specifications which are almost the same as those of a Finnish passport photo, however, the size of Finland visa photo is different as it should be 36mm x 47mm.
If you want to quickly get a visa photo for your Finland visa application then you can use our app Passport Photo Online that can help you prepare one within a few seconds.
Finland driving license photo
A driving license is required in order to operate a motor vehicle. Just like every other document, a driving license also needs a biometric photograph. The requirements of a Finnish driving license photo are the same as the ones mentioned above. The required size is also 36mm x 47mm.
Finland identity documents
Other identity documents in Finland include ID cards, work permits, student cards and more. If you want to get a photo for each of these documents then you should definitely try out our biometric photo maker.
How to take a Finland passport photo?
Technology improves day by day and thus if you surf the internet you may find all sorts of things that might be useful to you in one way or another. If you are probably wondering how to take a passport photo by yourself then you might as well take a look at this guidebook.
- First thing first, you should download our photo validator on GooglePlay/AppStore or have access to the web service.
- Have somebody remain 1.5 meters away to snap a few shots for your passport photo.
- Please ensure the picture is taken in a well-lit location. One of the criteria for biometric photos is that there should be no shadows. We suggest that you use natural daylight instead of flashlights as they can often trigger red-eye, which can cause your picture to be rejected.
- Remember to pay attention to your facial expressions. No smiling or frowning and keep your mouth closed and eyes open.
- After you've taken your pictures, choose the ones you like best and submit them to our picture validator. The photo will be automatically edited by our artificial intelligence to follow the criteria for biometric photos.
Common mistakes on Passport Photos
Here is a list of mistakes that most people make when taking passport photos on their own.
- The face is positioned wrong - This happens when you tilt your head in your passport photo. Make sure that you look directly at the camera lens and keep your head straight.
- Smiling, eyes closed or mouth open - We all want to smile in pictures to make ourselves look better, but a large smile can lead to your picture being rejected. You should keep a completely neutral facial expression in a passport photo. Do not smile, have your eyes opened and your mouth closed.
- Shadows obstructing the photo - Shadows must be avoided while taking passport photos. Your whole profile must be clear, with no shades. We suggest taking a passport picture in a place with even lighting to prevent them.
- Glasses - Using glasses in a passport photo may sometimes obstruct your eyes. It is recommended not to wear any, however, sometimes it is allowed to keep them on if you have a medical condition.
- Inappropriate clothing - The majority of us are unaware that wearing incorrect clothing will create contrast with the background, whereas wearing accessories can create shadows. Wear something casual that does not create contrast and do not wear too much jewelry.
- Poor picture quality - When taking a passport photo, make sure you print it on high-quality material. Your photograph must not be harmed in any way. There should be no scratches or any sort of marks.
- The picture’s size is incorrect - Always make sure to check the size of a passport photograph. The wrong size of a photo can result in a rejection.
- Incorrect background color - The background of a passport picture must be clear and white, with no visible objects or shades. If you want to create your own image, pay attention to the background.
We provide photos for IDs from all over the world. You’ll find the one you are looking for!
Are You Satisfied With Our Service?
Let us know how we’re doing.
Customer feedback is always welcome.
Rate Your Reading Experience:
Number of votes: 30735