Finnish Passport Photo
Get your perfect biometric photo (compliance guaranteed)
As seen in
How does our photo tool work?
Take or upload photo
Get your photo verified
Enjoy your photo
Why it's worth trying us?
Thanks to our excellent AI and well-skilled Photo Experts, we create top-notch photos just like that!
Fast and reliable
Skills and experience
Worth every penny
Finnish Passport - Digital photo size & requirements
Width: 36 mm
Height: 47 mm
Head height: 35 mm
Top of the Photo to Top of the Hair: 4 mm
How to prepare yourself?
Distance from the camera
Take the photo from a distance of about 20 inches from your face. Ideally, the photo should be taken by another person.
Face in front of the camera
Place your face in front of the lens and keep a neutral expression on your face. Hold the camera at face height.
Just stand facing a light source such as an exposed window. Don't worry about the background.
Why is getting a Finnish passport important?
Every Finland national has the right to apply for a passport. It is an important document that serves not only for the identification purposes but also is needed when the person wants to cross the borders. Travelling out of Europe might need a visa in the passport. For these reasons, we propose you to prepare your application easier using our online photo editing tool.
Where to apply
The easiest way to apply for a Finnish passport is using the electronic services on the Police site. You will need to fill in and submit an electronic application along with a Finnish passport photo, later visiting a police licence service point for identification. The point to visit can be chosen by you, no matter where you live at the moment. The standard delivery takes 5-8 working days, while express delivery takes 0-1 days.
You cannot apply online for an alien’s passport, a temporary passport, an emergency passport or a passport for a refugee. All that has to be done in person.
You also don’t have to visit a local police point if you haven’t changed your name, your photograph is recent and you have given your signature and fingerprints for the previous passport not more than 6 years ago.
Items for the passport application
- a Finnish passport photograph that meets the official requirements
- a document to prove your identity when visiting the police or strong electronic identification if you use e-services
- the consent of all guardians in case of a person under the age of 18
- a document attesting that conscription is not a barrier to issue a passport (for men aged 18-30)
- payment of the administration fee
Finnish passport photo requirements
Find the detailed guidelines when preparing a photo for a Finnish passport to make sure it will be accepted:
- The photo can be in colour or black and white.
- A digital photo must be of exactly 500x653 pixels, saved in JPEG format with the .jpg or .jpeg extension. Its maximum size is 250 kb and it shouldn’t be overcompressed.
- The photo should be recent. Thus, taken no longer than 6 months ago.
- It shouldn’t be edited in a way that makes the authenticity suspicious.
- The photo should be sharp and in focus. Also, optical or other types of distortions aren’t allowed.
- The printed photo size should be 36x47mm, additional requirements will be met using our photo editing tool.
- The posture should be straight, the head being in the centre of the photo.
- The photo should be taken from the front and include the shoulders.
- There can be posture deviations due to medical reasons.
- The entire face should be lightened with no shadows visible on the photo.
- There should not be a red-eye effect.
- The colour of the photo should be natural, not under- or overexposed.
- Keep a neutral facial expression with your mouth closed and both eyes open.
- Accessories or hair cannot cover your face, it should be entirely visible.
- You can wear eyepatches or dark glasses only for medical reasons.Same regarding wigs.
- Do not overuse makeup if you don’t wear it daily. You should remain recognizable.
- Head covering is permitted only for medical reasons or religious beliefs.
- The background of the photo should be light, neutral, without shadows, monochromatic, with the person’s head and shoulders clearly standing out.
- No other things or people can be visible on the passport photo.
Seems difficult? Don’t worry, just pick a preferred photo from your smartphone gallery or the storage of your computer, upload it on our site or in our apps and download a professionally edited Finnish passport photo with a 200 % money-back guarantee! You can also choose for your photo to be checked by our human expert, printed and sent to your home address by post!
Finnish passport for minors
Children can also get a Finnish passport for travel purposes but they need to visit a point of identification to give their fingerprints. If the applicant is less than 15 years old, they must visit the police with at least 1 guardian (having an identity card or passport with them). All guardians must give consent for the minor to apply for a passport. It can be submitted electronically or in paper at the police licence service point. It can also be done verbally if the guardians are present at the police point. A passport can be issued even without the guardian’s consent if it would not be detrimental to the child and there is no danger that the child will be taken abroad against the wish of the guardians.
Lost or stolen Finnish passports
Lost or stolen passports must be reported to prevent abuse. The reporting form can be submitted online or at a police service point, along with an explanation of the accident. If you are not in Finland, you can submit a form at a diplomatic mission and then apply for a new passport. The old passport will be cancelled and can no longer be revalidated.
Prepare a Finnish passport photo online with our service to get the best quality, save time and make sure your photo will be accepted!
We provide photos for IDs from all over the world. You’ll find the one you are looking for!
Are You Satisfied With Our Service?
Let us know how we’re doing.
Customer feedback is always welcome.
Rate Your Reading Experience:
Number of votes: 128