Passport and Visa photos online maker APP, Malta documents
Get your perfect biometric photo (compliance guaranteed)
As seen in
How does our photo tool work?
Take or upload photo
Get your photo verified
Enjoy your photo
Take a picture
Quality pictures at hand.
How to prepare yourself?
Distance from the camera
Take the photo from a distance of about 20 inches from your face. Ideally, the photo should be taken by another person.
Face in front of the camera
Place your face in front of the lens and keep a neutral expression on your face. Hold the camera at face height.
Just stand facing a light source such as an exposed window. Don't worry about the background.
Quality pictures at your hand
Compliance check and image retouching service for your photos!
200% guarantee or money back
We return the money if your government authorities reject the photo
Passport Photo Online -
a passport photo app you can trust!
All your needs!
Fast and reliable
Sent to your home
Around the globe
Photos for Malta Identity documents
As you may be aware, if you intend to travel internationally, you will certainly need a travel document such as a visa or a passport.
Both are essential for your trip. A passport may be quicker to obtain, and it is the most commonly issued document. Whilst a visa may have a more complex approval process.
Nevertheless, what all identity documents have in common are passport size photos also known as biometric photographs which are essential in an application but not only. These biometric photos must meet official requirements and are used to identify the holder of a specific document.
Read this page until the end to find out everything you need to know about Malta passport photos and other identity documents.
Malta Identity Document Photos - Size and Requirements
Photo for a Malta passport
The requirements for a Maltese passport photo are as follows:
- The size of a Maltese passport photo must be 40mm x 30mm
- The face and shoulders should cover at least 70% of the photo’s frame
- Your facial expression must be neutral
- The background must be uniform
- Make sure to take the photo en face
- The photo should be a recent one
- Shadows should not be visible
- Your eyes should be open and your mouth should be closed
- Your ears must be visible
- Make sure to look directly into the camera
- The photo must be of top quality, meaning that it’s best to print it on high-quality material and no damages should be made to it
- It is recommended to wear something that does not contrast with the background
- Head Coverings are allowed only for religious purposes
- Prescription glasses are only allowed for specific situations while sunglasses on the other hand are not permitted
Malta visa photo
The requirements for a Maltese visa photo are the same as for a passport photo, however, the size of the visa photo must be 4.5cm x 3.5cm.
Remember to check out our online photo editor. Read the specifications and ask someone to take you a few photos. Afterwards, pick your favorite and submit it to our free photo editor. The program will crop the image, replace the background, and double-check the specifications.
It is compatible with all travel document photos from all around the world. It can be used to create any type of visa or passport photo.
Malta driving license photo
A driving license photo in Malta must have the size 35x45mm. Our application will help you out in creating that perfect Maltese driving license photo within a few seconds. Just follow the guidelines and wait till it is ready.
Malta ID cards photo
Do not worry if you need a photo for your ID, worker, or student card. Why? Because you no longer have to go to a professional photographer. You can now simply make your own biometric photos at the comfort of your house and use them for any Maltese ID card.
Make a biometric photo at home with this Free Passport Photo Maker
Taking a Maltese passport photo at home is worthwhile since it is faster, less expensive, and more convenient. This guide will show you how to take a great photo for any ID or travel document. Please study the criteria carefully since they might differ from document to document.
Tips to take passport photos at home
Here are some tips that can help you to create a perfect passport photo with home conditions:
- Photo Application – Download Passport Photo Online if you want to practice creating passport photos at home. It can be found on GooglePlay or AppStore.
- Read the specifications – They are very important and they can instruct you to create an acceptable passport photo.
- Lighting – You should know that lighting is important in a photo especially for a passport one since shadows should not be visible in it. We recommend taking the photo near a window and benefit from natural light. It's best to avoid lamps as they could cause a red-eye effect and sometimes the photo just doesn’t turn out well.
- Posing – You can’t just look anywhere in a passport photo. You must stand straight and look directly at the camera. Also, it’s better to have someone stand at least 1 meter away from you.
- Facial expressions – When you take a photo for your passport, you should not smile or grimace as it is not allowed. You must have a neutral facial expression and avoid smiling. Also, as mentioned above, your eyes must be open and your mouth closed.
- Background – If you are taking passport photos at home you don’t really have to worry about the background as it will all be taken care of by the passport photo application. But just in case, be informed that the background should be white in color and nothing should be visible in it, meaning no objects or other people.
The most common passport photo mistakes
We've discussed the criteria for a passport photo thus far, but are you aware that many people make numerous errors when creating a photograph at home?
Read these frequent passport picture mistakes and learn how to prevent them.
- The first mistake is making an incorrect facial expression. Some people prefer to have a big smile or an open mouth in their passport photo. In a passport photo, keep in mind that the face expression must be neutral.
- The photo's size is incorrect. When taking a passport photo on your own, you may ignore the size of the picture or apply the incorrect one.
- The photo's recentness is the next mistake on our list. We've already stated that the photo for a Maltese passport must be recent. It must be at least 6 months old. That's because the picture should match an individual's most recent image, making the identification process at an airport, for example, considerably easier.
- Another error would be the quality of the photographs. When taking a passport photo, make sure to print it on high-quality material. There should be no imperfections or markings on the photo.
- Lastly, avoid selfies. A selfie doesn't really meet biometric requirements. If you submit a selfie to your application, it will be denied.
Photo tool for passports online
We've previously mentioned our app already but here is what Passport Photo Online can do in detail.
Any photo can be converted into a biometric photo with our passport photo tool. What causes this to happen? It's simple. Just take a photo, submit it, and our program will transform it into a photograph that complies with the Maltese passport photo standards. All this is completed automatically in a matter of seconds.
Passport Photo Online helps trim the image to fit the size requirements for a Maltese passport photo and substitute the background with a plain and white one. It can also be used as a photograph validator. This indicates that the photo will be thoroughly examined by artificial intelligence in order to find and correct any potential errors.
Reasons to use Passport Photo Online:
- First and foremost, you save both time and money. You no longer need to find a qualified photographer since you can now learn to take your own passport photo.
- You can submit as many photographs as you wish and then choose your favorite. Finally, you would only pay for one that satisfies all of the requirements for a Maltese passport photo.
- Our software is an excellent photo validator. You no longer need to be concerned about your passport images because they will be properly reviewed and approved to match the official standards thanks to artificial intelligence.
- We ensure that your biometric photo will be accepted without objection by the appropriate authorities.
We provide photos for IDs from all over the world. You’ll find the one you are looking for!
Are You Satisfied With Our Service?
Let us know how we’re doing.
Customer feedback is always welcome.
Rate Your Reading Experience:
Number of votes: 30883