Maltese Passport Photo
Get your perfect biometric photo (compliance guaranteed)
As seen in
How does our photo tool work?
Take or upload photo
Take a photo or upload one from your mobile gallery. Follow our guidelines to meet all the requirements.
Get your photo verified
Let AI fine-tune your photo. Order your picture, and have it verified by an expert to ensure 100% compliance.
Enjoy your photo
Download your digital photo instantly, or have your printouts delivered to your doorstep for free!
Why it's worth trying us?
Thanks to our excellent AI and well-skilled Photo Experts, we create top-notch photos just like that!
Fast and reliable
Digital photo within a few seconds or printouts shipping to your home.
Skills and experience
Over 16 million people have used our services within 7 years.
Worth every penny
Our prices are more attractive than many photographers, and you won't even need to leave your house!
Malta Passport Photo - Size & Requirements
Width: 30 mm
Height: 40 mm
Is it suitable for online submission?
Image definition parameters
Head height: 30 mm
Top of the Photo to Top of the Hair: 2.5 mm
Is it printable?
How to prepare yourself?
Distance from the camera
Take the photo from a distance of about 20 inches from your face. Ideally, the photo should be taken by another person.
Face in front of the camera
Place your face in front of the lens and keep a neutral expression on your face. Hold the camera at face height.
Just stand facing a light source such as an exposed window. Don't worry about the background.
Malta Passport Photo - Size & Requirements
How to get a Maltese passport?
Passport has become the most popular type of identity document since it can be used not only in our homeland but also overseas. If you are a Maltese citizen that tends to make Maltese passport for the purpose of international travel, here are the guidelines for what you should proceed with next.
If you are over 18 you can start with filling form A, all the information and details on the form should be written correctly. Then you can go to the Passport office to hand your application with your ID card and biometric passport photos that fit to Malta passport photo size. In case you apply for Maltese passport for the first time, the recommender’s endorsement (a recommender is usually a professional person) is also required.
If you are under 18 you need to fill form A as well as ask your parents to give their consent by signing in representative of the recommender. Next you can submit the form at the Passport office together with a copy of your parents’ ID cards and don't forget to bring two identical Malta passport size photographs with you!
Your passport should be ready after 4 working days.
Malta passport photo size and requirements
- The Maltese passport photo size should be 30x40mm or 3 x 4 cm in width and height.
- The head part must be positioned in the center and cover 70% - 80% the photo. The had should be between 26-30 mm from the top of the head to the end of the chin.
- You must look straight at the camera, not tilted head. The passport photo also must show your skin tone naturally and has appropriate brightness and contrast.
- You must show neutral face expression, no big smile or emotional expression.
- Background color should be white and without patterns, spots or shadows.
- It is important that every part of your face is clearly visible. You can still wear glasses but make it sure they don't cover your eyes.
How to take Malta passport photo online
Take and DIY passport photo using your smartphone - step by step
- 1. Prepare a light shirt or other top in a light colour, but not in white. Blue tends to work well.
- 2. Set up the lighting - natural light will be ideal.
- 3. Ask someone to take your picture.
- 4. The person who will take your photo should stand around 1.5 meters away from you to avoid shadows.
- 5. Position yourself around 0.5 m from the wall.
- 6. Position yourself in accordance with the guidelines. You might want to take a dozen or so photos to get the perfect one.
- 7. Select the best ones and upload them to our online passport photo editor.
- 8. The tool will check whether your photo complies with the guidelines, remove the background and crop the photo to the correct size.
- 9. You will receive a ready to print photo file via email.
- 10. Print the photo on photographic paper.
Why choose a Passport Photo Editor?
While taking passport photo at studio with a photographer can be shot - limited and costly taking passport photo at home with the help of our passport photo editor app can save you money and you can take unlimited shot until you get a satisfied picture to upload. Taking biometric photos to make Maltese passport has never been easier and the resulted photo is guaranteed to be:
- perfectly sized and cropped
- created with the required background
- approved by an embassy or consulate
- 100% satisfying as you can take even one milion shots and choose your favourite one!
About the document
Passport is a type of identity document issued by the Malta government for citizens of Malta who wish to travel internationally. Maltese passport ranks 8th in the world and allows those in possession of Maltese passport to travel to 183 countries without visa on arrival. In order to obtain Malta passport applicants should follow strict guidelines, including submitting biometric passport photo that fits to Malta passport photo size and requirements. This may sound complicated but with the help of our professional online passport photo editor, you can get just the perfect photo for your Malta passport application in 3 second!
We provide photos for IDs from all over the world. You’ll find the one you are looking for!
Are You Satisfied With Our Service?
Let us know how we’re doing.
Customer feedback is always welcome.
Rate Your Reading Experience:
Number of votes: 121