Did you know that Armenia is visited by at least 1 million people each year? Armenia has many different tourist attractions to offer to its visitors.
If you plan to visit Armenia you might as well require a visa to travel there. Take a look at this article where we cover everything you need to know for Armenia visas.
Do you need a visa to Armenia?
The countries below do not require a visa to travel to Armenia and they can stay for a total of 180 days. If you are not from the following countries then you will most likely need to apply for an Armenian visa.
- A Member State of the EU
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- San Marino
- South Korea
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Vatican City
How to apply for Armenia visa?
To apply for Armenia visa, you can do so in the following ways:
- Apply for a visa on arrival - You can apply for a visa at an airport or land border.
- Apply online - This can be done through the official website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Apply at an embassy or consulate - If you are abroad and need an Armenian visa then you can apply at an embassy or consulate.
Armenia visa on arrival
To find out whether your country is eligible for an Armenian visa on arrival we recommend contacting the embassy or consulate.
If you are eligible then you can apply at one of Armenia airports, as well as land borders. The fee for a visa on arrival in Armenia is at least AMD 15,000.
Armenia online visa application
An online Armenia visa application can be done through the Visa issuance system. You have to complete the application by providing your citizenship, your purpose of travel and make the payment of the fee which can cost around USD 6 up to USD 31.
Armenia visa application at an embassy or consulate
You'll need a supporter from Armenia to register for an invite from the Foreign ministry before you can apply.
A supporter may be one of the following:
- A legal person
- A government official
- A foreign organization's delegate
Keep in mind that the invitation letter must include the following:
- It must be signed and sealed
- Must be printed on the organization’s letterhead
- The letter must provide details about your travel
- A registration certificate and registration code of the country
- It must include some details about you such as: the type of passport and number, the country it was granted by, its validity, your nationality, phone number, occupational title, sex, full name, birth date, birthplace, and address.
Armenia visa requirements
For an Armenia visa application you need:
- A valid passport
- Application form
- Passport size photo
- Itinerary of your trip
- Accommodation proof
- Payment of the fee
If you’re filling out an application online make sure to include the following:
- Email address
- A credit/debit card for the fee
If you request a visa application at an embassy you will be required to submit an invitation letter from an Armenian sponsor.
Note that the additional requirements may be required depending on the type of visa you apply for.
Armenia visa types
Armenian visas are categorized into the following:
- Tourism visas - Granted to people who are visiting Armenia for a limited period of time for purposes of tourism, visiting relatives, medical reasons or leisure activities.
- Transit visa - Granted to foreigners who wish to travel to a third country from Armenia. If you have this visa you will not be allowed to leave the Airport.
- Diplomatic/Official visa - Granted to people who hold a diplomatic or official status.
- Temporary resident visa - Granted to foreigners who wish to remain in Armenia for an extended period of time which can be for work, business, etc.
Armenia visa fees
The fees for an Armenian visa are as follows:
- 6 USD for if you want to sta for 21 days
- 31 USD for 120 day visa
- 42 USD for a Multiple-entry visa
- 21 USD for single-entry
- 37 USD for transit visa
- Free of charge for diplomatic/official visas