Located in Central Europe, Slovenia is popular for its resorts, rivers, and beautiful mountains. In Slovenia, you can find such breathtaking canyons and villages. You can find many towns with a medieval-style and castles as well. You’d be surprised by the rich history this country has.
However, when traveling to Slovenia, you may need a Slovenian visa. The visa will depend on the purpose of your trip to Slovenia which can be for tourism, work, or other reasons.
For more information read this article until the end.
Who needs a visa to Slovenia?
Since Slovenia is a member of the European Union, EU nationals will not be required to apply for a visa in order to travel to Slovenia. You can stay in Slovenia for a maximum of 90 days
You will also not need a visa if you are from the USA, UK, Australia, or Canada.
You can find below all the countries that do not require a visa to travel to Slovenia:
Albania, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominica, El Salvador, Georgia, Grenada, Guatemala, Honduras, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Kiribati, Macao, Malaysia, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Montenegro, New Zealand, Nicaragua, North Macedonia, Palau, Panama, Paraguay , Peru, Saint Kittens and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Korea, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu, Ukraine, UAE, UK, USA, Uruguay, Vanuatu, and Venezuela.
How to apply for a Slovenia visa?
The steps to apply for a Slovenia visa are as follows:
- Fill in the application form
- Schedule an appointment
- Collect every required documentation such as a valid passport, passport size photographs, health insurance, cover letter, the itinerary of your trip, evidence of lodging, evidence of your civil status, and evidence of financial statements.
- Pay the fees
- Be patient for the visa to be processed
General requirements for Slovenia visa
- First of all, you will need the application form
- Two passport size photographs
- A valid passport and a copy of it
- Copies of previous visas
- The flight ticket with the return date in it
- Verification of insurance coverage which is at least EUR 30,000
- A letter which specifies the intention of traveling to Slovenia
- Accommodation evidence
- Evidence of civil status
- Evidence that you can afford the living expenses in Slovenia
If you are hired by a company:
- Your contract of employment
- Financial statements
- Employer's No-objection document
- Income tax certificate
If you are self-employed:
- Business permit copy
- Financial statements
When you’re a student:
- Evidence of registration in the educational institution
- Approval letter from the institution
If in retirement:
- Declaration of pensions for the past 6 months
Additional documents for Slovenian visa types
Slovenian tourist visa
If you are traveling to Slovenia for tourism purposes you will need a tourist visa which will require you to submit these documents:
- A letter of invitation from a relative
- Financial documents/statements
- A valid passport
Slovenian business visa
- Letter of invitation from the company that has employed you
- A letter from the employer indicating that you are allowed to travel for business purposes
- Financial statements of the company
- Trade license and partnership agreement
- A statement confirming that you can cover your living expenses during your stay
Slovenia medical visa
- A report that states your medical conditions
- A medical certificate that verifies your procedure and condition
- The payment receipt
Cultural purposes visa
- A letter of invitation from the institution which states your travel purposes and the type of cultural event
- Details of the candidates
- Length of stay
- Flight itinerary
Slovenia study visa
- Registration evidence
- A certificate with the courses that you have attended
- Financial statements
Slovenia transit visa
- A document which can be a visa that confirms your traveling to the third country and its copy
Slovenia minor’s visa
- Evidence of monthly age of the minor’s parents or legal guardians
- Travel authorization from the parents or guardians
How to extend the Slovenian visa?
You should apply for a visa extension if you are planning to stay in Slovenia for more than the date specified in your visa.
If you want to apply for the extension then you can do so online where you have to fill in the application form which is different from the visa one.
Slovenia visa photo requirements
Every visa application will require a visa photo which has to meet some requirements otherwise chances are for the application to be rejected.
The requirements for the Slovenia visa photo are as below:
- Size should be 45 mm in height and 35 mm in width
- The biometric photo must be taken in color
- The photo must be recent otherwise it will not be accepted
- The background of the photo should be in white color
- Make sure to keep your head straight and look directly into the camera lens
- Your mouth should be closed and your eyes should be open
- Glasses will be accepted only for medical reasons
- Headcoverings are allowed only for religious purposes
- The beard is approved if it reflects your daily appearance
- You can wear anything as long as what you wear does not create contrast with the background
If you want to take a passport size photograph or a visa photo, we recommend that you use our web service or online application. The process is very easy, all you have to do is upload a picture of yourself, and our photo validator will automatically crop the picture to the required size, remove the background and fix any mistakes that it detects.