Philippines ID Photo
Get your perfect biometric photo (compliance guaranteed)
As seen in
How does our photo tool work?
Take or upload a photo
Get your photo verified
Enjoy your photo
Why it's worth trying us?
Thanks to our excellent AI and well-skilled Photo Experts, we create top-notch photos just like that!
Fast and reliable
Skills and experience
Worth every penny
Philippines ID Card Photo Guide
Width: 35 mm
Height: 45 mm
Head height: 73 %
Top of the Photo to Top of the Hair: 7 %
How to prepare yourself?
Distance from the camera
Take the photo from a distance of about 20 inches from your face. Ideally, the photo should be taken by another person.
Face in front of the camera
Place your face in front of the lens and keep a neutral expression on your face. Hold the camera at face height.
Just stand facing a light source such as an exposed window. Don't worry about the background.
Philippines ID Card Photo Requirements
Applying for a Philippines ID card often requires a physical appearance to obtain your biometrics. This is why submitting the right photo in your document is so important!
The government keeps improving the Philippines ID cards hoping to promote electronic payments systems and make it easier for low-key earners. In this guide, you meet all the types of Filipinos’ popular ID cards, Philippines ID card dimensions, costs and how to get your own Philippines ID card.
Philippines ID photo specifications
A Philippines ID is a government-issued identification card that has additional security features to ensure safe transactions and to prevent identity theft. It is essential even in everyday living, e.g. for applying to any government or private-owned institution or doing bank transactions.
If you need to get one, you have to meet the official requirements and types of Philippine ID.
Philippines ID photo size
It is recommendable to submit three identical photographs in size 35mm x 45mm in width and height. Pictures should show a close up of your face and the top of your shoulders so that your face takes up between 70% - 80% of the face or 32mm - 36mm from the chin to the top of your head.
Other dimensions regarding Philippines ID photo:
- The photo must clearly show the person's facial features
- The face must be centred in the photo
- The top of this person’s head should be in a straight forward position to the tip of the chin as well as the left and right sides of the face should appear in the photo
- The photo cannot be older than six months
The background should be white or royal blue/dark blue without any shadows or patterns. The photo should show only the person which is photographed. No other people or objects can appear in the background.
The head of the photographed person should be neither at an angle (en face) nor turned (portrait style). The head can not be slightly rotated and or tilted, must be square to the camera. Your face and eyes must be straight towards the camera so that it is possible to see an equal amount of each ear and cheek.
The facial expression has to be neutral. The mouth should be closed, the person should not laugh, smile, frown and not show their teeth. Any contrived expressions such as raised eyebrows or squinting are not acceptable.
Eyes and glasses
The person in the photo must look directly into the camera with eyes clearly open and visible. The eyes cannot be covered by hair or thick frames from glasses. We recommend taking them off but if you have to wear glasses, do not wear sunglasses or those which reflect light because your eyes have to distinctly appear in the photo. The camera lens must be at the eye level of the person being photographed, not from above or below
Headwear for religious or medical reasons is allowed, for other reasons is not permitted. However, remember if you wear it, the face must be visible from the lower tip of the chin to the forehead. No shadows should be visible on the face. Hats, caps and any other headwears are not forbidden.
Light and contrast
The face must be sharply focused and rich in contrast, especially clear. Reflections or shadows on the face as well as red eyes must be avoided. So try not to use a flash as it can make such an effect and change your skin colour even. Use daylight.
The photo should be printed on high-quality paper with a print resolution of at least 600 dpi (if taken by a digital camera especially). The photo must be neutral in colour so not edit it anyhow (changing colour, removing spots is forbidden), use a photo tool app or site instead. Skin tones should appear natural and natural. The photo should have no creases or any damages. Photos must be in color. The back of the photo must be pure.
Philippines ID Card Photo Maker
Do you wonder how to make a perfect photo at home for your PhilSys or any ID documents? You should read our guide below and use help from Passport Photo Online site and let our photo editor work for you while you rest in your house!
If you need a photo with your Filipinos ID, follow the above rules, just take a picture with your phone or camera and upload it to our website or app. The photo booth will resize it to the official requirements and remove the background in the way you need! Then after submitting, you can receive it via email or ask to be sent by post. Either way is good for us!
You have a guarantee that the picture for your Philippines ID card will have the acceptance of your government.
How to take a Philippines ID Card Photo at home?
While you had read about our photo maker, now it is time to start taking the photos at home. In a 5 steps guide we briefly described the most important things you have to know.
Taking photos to documents at home is a perfect idea! You can use your phone with iOS or Android and download the app or use an online photo tool. Taking photos to document at home is possible with a 100% warranty of acceptance! If you decide to try taking photos to the passport by yourself, read on to find out more.
How to start? If you wear suiting the occasion clothes and you have already all the equipment, you need just follow these 5 simple steps about how to take a Philippines ID photo at home:
- Take photos in daylight - choose a nice day where there’s light outside, find a room with a white background or put a sheet on the wall to make a simple studio, stand close to the wall to avoid shadows in the background’ don’t take photos after dark and we recommend to not use a flash because it causes red-eyes and changes natural skin colour.
- Do not take a selfie - ask someone to take a picture of you or place the camera on a tripod approximately 3 feet away. Selfies don't fit the document and even when you think that someone might not notice, it is easy to tell that it was a selfie. Bear in mind, that it is not a photo you want to post on social media but an official identity document.
- Follow the rules - pose following the official Philippines ID card requirements regarding size of the photo, head position, facial expression, where to look, what to not do, etc.
- Upload the right picture - use the app or online editor to submit your picture. If you are not sure about the photo, take another one!
- Receive your ready photo - after submitting you should receive your photo via email. Then, just print the file or choose to have sent to your address the digital version.
Types of Philippines ID cards
Besides passports and driving licenses which are popular worldwide identity and travel documents, Filipinos have a PhilID (Philippine Identification Card) card which is their national ID document.
However, depending on the kind, they have some different ID cards which are described below. These cards perform more or less important functions. While applying for a national Philippine ID card, some are required, like UMID or Alien Certificate of Registration Identity card if you are a foreign citizen. This means it is important to know them.
The Philippines ID cards are listed below:
- UMID - The Unified Multi-Purpose Card (UMID) is the Unified ID Card of SSS, GSIS, PhilHealth, and PagIBIG. Issued by the Social Security System. UMID has no expiration and is valid for life.
- Postal ID - The Improved Postal ID is the newest government identity card issued by the Philippine Postal Corporation (PHLPost). Since it was launched in April 2016, some additional physical security features have been added to it. It is issued by Philippine Postal Corporation (PHLPost).The Postal ID is valid for three years for Filipinos and for foreign residents with Special Retiree’s Resident Visa (SRRV) or one year for the rest of the foreign residents.
- ACR ID or ACR I-Card - Alien Certificate of Registration Identity is a microchip-based, credit card-sized, identification card issued to all registered aliens whose stay in the Philippines for exceeding fifty-nine days. All foreigners with an immigrant or non-immigrant visa, who are residing in the Philippines for more than 59 days must apply for an ACR I-Card. This includes holders of a temporary resident visa. The card is a credit card sized identity card with a microchip which includes biometric security features.This card serves as a re-entry permit, emigration clearance certificate, and special return certificate. It is issued by the Bureau of Immigration.The ACR I-card is valid for one year.
- PRC ID - PRC ID or PIC is a professional identification card that certifies that the holder is a registered professional with legal authority to practice their profession. Issue by Professional Regulation Commission. Professional identification cards are valid for three years for all professions.
- Digitized Voter ID - The voter ID is a valid ID that is recognized by all government offices and banks and is being issued to the registered voter according to Section 25 of Resolution No. 8189. All registered voters in the country are qualified to get one. Issued by the Commission on Elections (COMELEC). There’s no requirements needed for a voter’s ID as long as you’re already a registered voter. If for some reason you are not, as a Filippino, you have to register before May 2023. The voter’s ID has no expiration and is valid for life.
Last update: July, 2021
We provide photos for IDs from all over the world. You’ll find the one you are looking for!
Are You Satisfied With Our Service?
Let us know how we’re doing.
Customer feedback is always welcome.
Rate Your Reading Experience:
Number of votes: 91