You’re in New York City and suddenly find yourself in need of an emergency passport. We have explored the topic of the emergency Haitian passport in NY and offer you a straightforward and comprehensive guide, so you’ll be ready to issue your emergency Haitian passport in New York.
In this article:
- Emergency Haitian passport: how to apply?
- Passport emergency for Haitian citizens in NY: preparing the documentation
- Emergency Haitian passport in New York: fees
Emergency Haitian passport: how to apply?
The first thought when finding yourself in need of a Haitian passport should be the Consulate General of Haiti in New York. You’ll find it on the 6th (sixth) floor of the building at 815 2nd Avenue, right at the intersection with East 43rd Street.
Call the Consulate General of Haiti ahead and set an appointment. Consular services do require a set-up date for such meetings. Either give them a call at the embassy or send an email and agree on a date.
- (+1) 212 697 97 67
- [email protected]
Passport emergency for Haitian citizens in NY: preparing the documentation
The next stop is to bring all the items needed to successfully issue a new passport as soon as possible. This includes a number of documents you’ll need to bring to the consulate in New York:
- a completed but not signed passport application form;
- the original birth certificate or an extract from the archives;
- 2 (two) recent copies of the same passport photo that’s not older than 6 (six) months;
- a tax ID card;
- an identity document: a Haitian driving license will do, as well as an old passport or a residence card;
- Haitian marriage certificate or divorce certificate (if required);
- if applicable, the Haitian death certificate of the spouse;
- parental authorization signed by a minor’s legal guardian;
- valid proof of identity from a minor’s parent or a guardian: ideally a passport or a residence card.
What’s more, consider how different circumstances surrounding the need for a new emergency passport can potentially create additional documentation requirements. e.g.:
- birth certificate or its extract from the Haiti National Archives
- police report from the local police station
- Specimen signature (the form you can acquire at the Consulate).
If you’re interested in passports, you can also check out:
- Emergency Passport in NYC – How to Get It
- Emergency U.S. Passport Chicago: An Ultimate Guide
- Passport for Baby in New York City
- Haitian Passport Renewal in Washington DC: Explained
- Haitian Passport Renewal in the U.S. – A How-to Guide
- How to Get an Emergency Jamaican Passport
- Haitian Passport Renewal – Application in the U.S.
Emergency Haitian passport in New York: fees
Such passport service you’re applying for will demand a higher passport fee than regular, which can amount up to $225 for regular emergency adult passports, while emergency minor passports will demand a fee of $200 paid with the money order, certified check or cashier’s check.
Passport Photo Online – photo for the Haitian emergency passport in New York
Passport Photo Online will allow you to take a perfect photo for the emergency passport renewal. Just snap a photo and upload it to the phone application you can download or a website.
Within 3 (two) seconds you’ll get a perfectly valid digital photo, whereas a paper one will find its way to your pocket in 2 (two) or 3 (three) days. What’s more, either the photos will be deemed acceptable or you’ll receive a 200% refund!
Famous magazines and websites including Yahoo!, Forbes or National Geographic have already praised the app for its innovativeness and reliability.
Emergency Haitian passport in New York – summary
If you need a new passport quickly in case of emergency, such as a relative’s death, The Consulate General of Haiti in New York at 815 2nd Avenue is where you need to go.
You need to bring a completed passport application along with 2 (two) recent passport photos and either an original birth certificate or an extract from the Haiti National Archives.
Prepare your tax ID card and another photo ID such as driver’s license as well, along with other potentially important documentation like a divorce decree, for instance.
Once the clerk goes through the items you’ve brought, pay the necessary emergency passport fee of $225 for an adult and $200 for a minor.
Emergency Haitian passport in New York: FAQ
To ensure you’re well prepared for the upcoming emergency passport renewal, here are the most frequent queries you might find interesting. Take a quick look and check out these few questions and answers.
Where in NY can I get a Haitian emergency passport?
You should head straight to the Consulate General of Haiti in New York. It is situated on 815 2nd Avenue on the sixth floor of the building.
How long does it take to get an emergency Haitian passport in New York?
Acquiring an emergency Haitian passport in New York should take you no longer than 1 (one) day after you’ve completed the application at the embassy.
How much does it cost to get an emergency Haitian passport in New York?
To get an emergency Haiti passport in New York you’ll have to pay the application fee which is $225 for an adult and $200 for a minor. To complete the transaction use a money order.
Karolina’s passion for law, technology and photography led her to PhotoAiD S.A., where for the past 3 years she has been an expert in the implementation of passport photo compliance procedures in +80 countries around the world.