Singapore Passport Photo Online
Travelers frequently need an identification document such as a passport or a visa. This document helps to verify our identity and nationality wherever we go. Though you probably don’t need a travel authorization if you are not planning to leave the country, Singapore citizens are only required to hold an ID card.
ID cards have in some way the same function as a Singapore passport, as both are used to identify yourself to local authorities and officials. To that end, this kind of official document includes a biometric photo.
Just like in every single country, biometric photos are required to meet the requirements for the corresponding official document, though there exist certain instructions to consider for each of them. For instance, the photo size, or the background color.
Keep reading to learn how to take the perfect passport size photos for your Singaporean passport application or many other identity documents.
Photo requirements - Singapore Passport and ID Card
Be aware that each biometric photo is unique, so you should take into account different requirements for a photo when applying or renewing either a Singapore passport or a Singapore ID card.
Singapore Passport Photo
Make sure your photo complies with the requirements for a Singapore passport photo. These are:
- It must be in color.
- Taken in the last 3 months.
- Top-quality photo.
- White and plain photo background. If the applicant has white hair, it is recommended to choose a light grey photo background.
- Correct photo size: 35x45 mm.
- The applicant’s face must occupy between 25 and 35 mm.
- Keep your eyes fully open and your mouth closed. You are not allowed to smile, keep a neutral facial expression.
- Do not wear anything covering your face/eyes/ears/neck.
- If you need glasses, you can use them but make sure they don’t cover your eyes or create shades. Coloured glasses and sunglasses are forbidden.
- Look straight to the camera, keep your head centered.
- Not just your face but the top of your shoulders must be visible.
- You cannot cover your head unless you do it because of religious or cultural reasons.
Singapore Baby Passport Photo
If the applicant is a baby, it is understandable that some of the previously mentioned specifications are hard to fulfill. That is why you should know that Singaporean authorities provide additional comments and recommendations for baby passport photos, though be aware that you should follow the previous specifications as much as possible.
- Place a white t-shirt or pillowcase in a baby bed, or any flat surface to take the photo.
- Make sure the photo only shows the baby’s face, so you cannot hold the baby during the photo shoot. Also, ensure that the baby’s hands are not covering his/her face.
- Though we are aware this may be hard, please be aware that the baby must look straight at the camera.
- Try to take a photo while the baby is adopting a neutral facial expression or smiling. If the baby appears laughing or crying, it may be rejected.
- Eyes must be clearly visible and open.
Singapore ID Card Photo
Now take a look at the different requirements for a Singapore ID Card photo.
- The photo must not be older than 3 months.
- It should be evenly lit.
- It must not contain shadows, be blurry, pixelated, or other flaws.
- Keep your eyes open and your mouth closed. Do not smile.
- Place at an appropriate distance from the camera so your hair and shoulders are visible.
- Background photo color must be white.
- If covering your head for religious reasons, the accessory must be of dark color.
- If wearing glasses for medical reasons, ensure your eyes are completely visible.
- Photos must be taken in full frontal view.
- Passport-size photo (35x45 mm).
6 Passport Photo Common Mistakes
Taking the appropriate passport photo is not easy at all, though the probabilities of committing a mistake are pretty low if using a top-quality online photo booth.
In this section you can find the most common mistakes; namely, some reasons why your passport photo may be rejected. Take a look at the following list:
- Wrong photo dimensions: when taking a passport photo, this may be the most important thing to consider, as it is extremely easy to detect that a photo does not comply with the required photo size.
- Photos older than 3 months: do not try to submit a photo that was taken one or two years ago. The photo must show your current appearance. In fact, photos taken in the last 3 months can also be rejected if your appearance changes notably (you got a new tattoo on your face, you went through facial surgery, you changed your hair’s color, etc.).
- Low-quality photos. Make sure your photo is printed in top-quality material. Moreover, photos containing a blurring, a shining, red-eye effect or any other flaws won’t be accepted.
- Facial expression is not neutral. Remember that you are not allowed to smile by any means or adopt any other inappropriate facial expression.
- Your eyes are not fully open or your mouth is not fully closed. You should repeat your photo in that case. Trust me, your photo will be rejected.
- If taking the photo by yourself, do not take a selfie! Ask a friend or relative to take the photo instead. You can also use a tripod.
Where to Take a Biometric Photo for a Singaporean Official Document?
You can get passport-sized photos in a traditional photo booth, though most of them do not offer any guarantee that your photo will be accepted, as the specifications are kind of generic for almost every single biometric photo, turning out to be invalid.
Moreover, they are usually pricey and make you waste a lot of time. That is why we highly recommend you to benefit from an online photo booth. Haven’t you ever heard about it? Online photo booths allow applicants to take the perfect Singaporean passport photo and ID photo from home.
Keep reading to learn how to take a Singaporean passport-sized photo.
How to Take Passport-Sized Photos From Home
Passport-Photo.Online definitely is the best online photo booth on the whole internet. Why? Because they guarantee that your photo will be accepted by Singaporean authorities. On the contrary, you will receive your money back and a new chance to take your photo for free.
To take a passport photo from home, follow the instructions:
- Download the online photo booth. Passport Photo Online is available both at Google Play and AppStore.
- Would you like to take a Singaporean passport photo or a Singaporean ID card photo? We’ve prepared some guidelines for you that you can read in less than a minute. Nevertheless, don’t worry too much, PPO lets you know in case your photo is not correctly taken, so you can take a new photo.
- Take as many photos as you’d like, there is no limit. Choose the one you prefer and upload it to the app. Passport Photo Online will start checking photo validity now.
- If accepted, your photo will be adjusted to the right photo dimensions as well as the rest of the official requirements, the background will be edited too.
- Ready! Now you can download your photo in digital format and ready to print as a postcard size photo, so you can save a lot of money. If you prefer, we can also deliver the photos to your address, so you don’t need to waste your time.
Things to consider when using PPO
Read a few recommendations on how to use Passport Photo Online:
- Selfies are not allowed, so you may use a tripod or ask someone to take your photo.
- Choose good lighting. It is highly recommended that you benefit from natural light while taking a passport photo, which prevents your photo from containing shadows or any other flaws.
- How to pose? It is important to consider that you must look straight at the camera. Taking the appropriate distance from the camera is also highly recommended. For instance, you can place 1 meter away from the camera. Moreover, remember that you must adopt a neutral facial expression.
- If using makeup, this must be subtle enough and not too colorful. The main purpose of a biometric photo is to identify individuals, so it does not make sense if the photo does not match your natural appearance. And make sure you don’t use shiny makeup.
- Don’t worry about the photo background. You can take your photo anywhere. PPO will erase it and transform it into a white, plain background.