Passport Photos in Melbourne
Get your perfect biometric photo (compliance guaranteed)
As seen in
How does our photo tool work?
Take or upload a photo
Get your photo verified
Enjoy your photo
Why it's worth trying us?
Thanks to our excellent AI and well-skilled Photo Experts, we create top-notch photos just like that!
Fast and reliable
Skills and experience
Worth every penny
Passport photo in Melbourne near me
Width: 35 mm
Height: 45 mm
Head height: 37 mm
Top of the Photo to Top of the Hair: 3 mm
How to prepare yourself?
Distance from the camera
Take the photo from a distance of about 20 inches from your face. Ideally, the photo should be taken by another person.
Face in front of the camera
Place your face in front of the lens and keep a neutral expression on your face. Hold the camera at face height.
Just stand facing a light source such as an exposed window. Don't worry about the background.
Get a passport photo in Melbourne quickly!
Did you know you can get an Australian passport picture in Melbourne in a moment? You don’t have to look for any photo booth or photographer. You can also get it cheaper than in the most popular photo kiosks like Officeworks or the Australia Post.
Passport photos near me in Melbourne
It is true that you can find photo booths and photographers in every place, but taking your passport photograph with Passport Photo Online is more suitable. With our tips, you will prepare your Australian passport pictures at a low price and in less than a minute! And there's more! This system is also very easy to use, so we advise you to give it a try.
The application for the Australian passport
Whether you decide to start your application online or not, you ought to bring 2 paper passport pictures to the Australia Post Outlet of Melbourne or the nearest Australian diplomatic or consular mission. The 2 passport photographs have to be identical and recent, taken less than 6 months earlier. Their 35x45 mm (3,5x4,5 cm) should correspond to 35x45 mm photos. Save your time and check if you got the accurate ones in advance, verify also if you can create a passport picture wherever you are in Melbourne. Get the Passport Photo Online on our site and save time and money!
Apply for the Australian passport online! Don’t waste time in a Melbourne post outlet!
On the Australian government site, you can apply via the Internet for your Australian passport. Since it is a government website, you don't have to worry about your own safety. You can choose this option whether you are applying for the first time or whether you need to renew it.
The online application ought to then be printed and submitted to the Australia Post Outlet in Melbourne. You also have to submit your birth certificate, an ID document, an Australian citizenship certificate, and 2 identical passport photos.
What are you waiting for? Choose the online application to save time and go to the Australia Post outlet simply to bring your documents! You won’t need to go there to take a blank application form, because you have already filled it online.
There’s nothing complicated in the form to fill, however, there might be some confusion about the official requirements of the passport picture. There are indeed a list of rules to respect for the Australian passport photo. The tutorial on Passport Photo Online will give you all the answers you need so that you can create an ideal passport photo in a snap. Try it out and take your Australian passport photograph at home or any other place in Melbourne.
Australian passport photograph official specifications
- The Australian passport picture got to be between 35mm to 40mm wide and 45mm to 50mm high.
- The dimensions of the face from chin to crown can be up to a maximum of 36mm, with a minimum of 32mm. The picture must include shoulders too.
- Ask someone else to take your shot and position yourself at a distance of about 1 meter – it cannot be a selfie.
- Try to get rid of shadows, by placing good lighting.
- Look directly into the camera lens, with the head centered in the photo and not tilted in any direction.
- Verify that the hair doesn’t hide your face.
- The background is required to be plain white or light gray (don’t get upset we will upgrade it automatically for you).
- Your face is required to have a neutral expression (smiling, laughing, or frowning are not accepted).
- You ought to take off your glasses unless you need to wear them for medical causes and you have a medical certificate proving that you cannot take them off.
- Wearing jewelry is not suggested as it can create shadows, reflections, or hide parts of the face.
- Head coverings are permitted only for religious causes and if they are worn daily. They have to be plain-colored and not be patterned.
- Note that the camera lens has to be placed at eye level.
Passport photos in Melbourne? - fast, cheap, and easy!
With Passport Photo Online you can get your Australian passport picture using your phone. Read carefully the requirements and ask a friend to help you take the photo. In a heartbeat, you will have a photo ready to be uploaded into our program. Wait some seconds and it will be transformed into an ideal Australian passport photograph.
What exactly can our passport photo editing tool do for you?
- If necessary, it will automatically change the original background into one that perfectly matches the guidelines. This means your shot will have a uniform white or a light grey background. So, don’t get worked up about it when taking the picture!
- Your picture will be cropped to the official dimensions by our photo cropper. You will then be given a template of the passport picture with the right dimensions and you can print it anytime you need.
- The photo checker ensures the conformity of your facial expression, the position of your head, the lighting, and any other elements. It will let you know if your picture contains some errors so that you can immediately take another picture.
How to print a digital passport picture in Melbourne?
Just upload a shot on our website: in a heartbeat it will be checked and you will be able to download your passport photograph, receive it on your e-mail or order a printed photo. In this case, in 2 or 3 days you will receive it at home. Once you receive your photo you can print it out at almost any photo printing point.
So if you want to save your money and time, simply use our photo booth app and get your Australian passport photograph within just a moment!
Where to take passport pictures in Melbourne?
Note that albeit you can apply for your Australian passport online, you still need to bring 2 paper passport photographs to the Australia Post Outlet of Melbourne or the closest Australian diplomatic or consular mission along with the other demanded documents. But don’t bother, printing out the digital template couldn't be simpler!
First and foremost, upload your shot into our program. If you like how you look in the preview image of the passport photo, download the passport photo template. Then go to the nearest photo kiosk and print it in postcard size (10x15cm). All that is left to do is to cut out the passport-size photos from the print you got!
There are tons of photo shops in Melbourne, nevertheless, why bother, if you can have it faster, less expensive, and easier?
Passport Photo Online - Digital photobooth app
If you are looking for a quality passport picture, our digital photo booth app is a great alternative to traditional Melbourne photo booths. Our service allows you to modify your photo in many ways to take your ideal passport photograph: the passport photograph tool will verify that your photo meets the official specifications (plain color background, good lighting, centered head, no jewelry or head covering, ect.) provided by the Australian government.
Try getting your pic taken with our online passport photo validator, we’re sure you won’t be disappointed!
Why bother getting out of the house when you can with no bother use Passport Photo Online, a digital photo booth app that will help you prepare the ideal passport photo? Your digital photograph will be in a few seconds ready to be downloaded and then you’ll just need to choose the most convenient option for you:
- download or receive on your e-mail your passport photo template (it will cost you A$9.95) and then get it printed out in one of the many photo shops you can find in Melbourne (the price would be about $0.35 per 2 photos)
- use Passport Photo Online to get and print your passport picture: with the delivery option you will receive at your home 4 printed passport photos + the digital photograph format for only A$14.95!
Passport photo stores in Melbourne
Are you not very familiar with digital devices and prefer traditional techniques, like having your passport photograph taken at one of the traditional photo shops? Then don’t get worked up, you will for sure find one in Melbourne. If you can't find one that suits you, remember that Australia Post also offers this service.
A picture taken at a photo shop has the advantage that it can be used for many different Australian documents including passport, driving license, and various visas. Be careful though, that the photo shop you choose will give you a guide on the guidelines to follow for the document you need.
If you want to take another look at the passport photo guide, all you have to do is scroll up and carefully see the part where we explain the requirements for the Australian passport photo. Just don't forget that repeating the shot at a Melbourne photo kiosk may not be suitable as you will have to pay for every picture that is taken, even the ones you don’t like.
Officeworks, Kmart and post offices in Melbourne
If you need to prepare an Australian passport picture in Melbourne there are several choices you can choose from. The fastest way is looking for a nearby photo booth that you might find in railway stations. The only problem in taking photos at a photobooth is that you can't be sure they meet all the official specifications. If you want to be sure your passport picture will be accepted by authorities, we suggest some photo kiosks, such as Officeworks, Kmart or post office passport photo services.
There is, anyway, a better and way less expensive option to have your perfect passport photo!
Our Mobile Passport Photo Booth App will help you create a passport photo that meets all the requirements. You then have two different options: you can get a paper version of your shot at your address or download a digital file that you can print at any print store around the town.
Printing a passport picture it’s not expensive at all! Officeworks printing service costs $ 0.10 each for the 4x6 inch (10x15 cm) prints, while other photo stores can charge only $ 0.35. Remember that you must print your passport photo template as a 4x6 inch (10x15 cm) picture and not in another size. This way you have 2 passport-size shots ready to be submitted!
Where to print passport pictures in Melbourne?
Getting a ready-to-print passport picture template it’s a great option since it means saving money and time. This way you can print your shot template as many times as you want without spending too much money. All you have to do is get the passport picture with our photo creator and then simply download the digital template.
The file you will receive can be printed in a 4x6 inch size: you will have 2 passport-size photos (35x45mm) that you simply need to cut out for your Australian passport application. Our photo generator with artificial intelligence makes this process very simple. You can have your photo template printed wherever you want, as long as the photo kiosk you choose can print a postcard size photo.
This is usually not a problem, since Officeworks, Kmart and Australia Post all offer this size since it’s a very common photo format.
In Melbourne, the price to print a 4x6 inch (10x15 cm) shot should be no more than $0.35. There are also print shops where you can get it for as little as $0.10 only. The main thing is that you will have a set of 2 passport-size photographs for this price.
Officeworks passport photos in Melbourne
Usually, at Officeworks stores, you can create a shot for your official documents. You can have your passport photo taken, certified, and printed for ＄16.95 in a few minutes. You can also take a pic by youself and print it there, you'll be able to pick the layout you want. You will then have a photo perfectly compliant with Australian Government (standards|guidelines, printed on quality gloss paper, and using biometric technology. You can then just turn in the photos with your application to the authorities.
Find out how to take a passport photo at Officeworks!
Where can I find Officeworks in Melbourne:
- Shop 1 & 2/461 Bourke St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- QV Centre, Russell St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- 136 Exhibition St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- 230 Alexandra Parade, Fitzroy VIC 3065
- 566 Bridge Rd, Richmond VIC 3121
- 231 Kingsway (Corner, Bank St, South Melbourne VIC 3205
- 790 High St, Kew East VIC 3102
- 29 Station St, Camberwell VIC 3124
- Unit 2/169 Rosamond Rd, Maribyrnong VIC 3032
- Cnr Louis St &, Dromana Ave, Airport West VIC 3042
- 1434/1458 Hume Hwy, Campbellfield VIC 3061
- 342 Springvale Rd, Glen Waverley VIC 3150
- 377 Glen Huntly Rd, Elsternwick VIC 3185
- 1123 Nepean Hwy, Highett VIC 3190
Kmart passport photos in Melbourne
Kmart is a good option if you are looking for a store that specializes in taking photographs for any type of document. It’s a very easy process: in about 15 minutes you will be able to walk out of the shop with an ideal passport photograph in your hands. If you have already taken your passport picture online and simply need to print it out, again Kmart is the location for you.
You can order your printed photos right from your adress, through the site or the app, or you can go to the shop and get it printed there. This way you will be assured that your Kmart passport photo will be accepted by the Australian authorities and you will be able to retake the shot as many times as you want. All you need to know about passport photo at Kmart.
Where can I find Kmart in Melbourne:
- 620 Victoria St, Richmond VIC 3121
- 222 Bourke St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Barkly Square S/C, 90/106 Sydney Rd
- Northland S/C, 2 Murray Rd, Preston VIC 3072
- 1434 Sydney Rd, Campbellfield VIC 3061
- 80 Taylors Rd, Keilor Downs VIC 3038
- Chadstone S/C, 1341 Dandenong Rd, Chadstone VIC 3148
- The Pines S/C, 181 Reynolds Rd, Doncaster East VIC 3109
- 25 Main St, Greensborough VIC 3088
Passport Photos at the Post Office in Melbourne
Another spot we propose you to prepare and print a perfect passport picture in Melbourne is the Post Office. At any Post Office you can with no bother get your passport photograph taken and printed out very quickly and for a reasonable price. You won’t even need to book an appointment, you can simply go to the nearest Post Office in Melbourne and you will have your passport picture and compliance certificate prepared in around 10 minutes.
You can check the webpage for further information. If the photos are rejected you'll get new ones for free. Check out how to get a Post Office passport photo.
Where can I find post office in Melbourne:
- Ground Floor/440 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Ground Floor, 277 William St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- 72/82 Errol St, North Melbourne VIC 3051
- 49-63 Laurens St, North Melbourne VIC 3051
- 29/41 Down St, Collingwood VIC 3066
- Ground Floor/126 Wellington Parade, East Melbourne VIC 3002
- 509 St Kilda Rd, Melbourne VIC 3004
- 215-217 Park St, South Melbourne VIC 3205
We provide photos for IDs from all over the world. You’ll find the one you are looking for!
Popular Documents Around the World
Are You Satisfied With Our Service?
Let us know how we’re doing.
Customer feedback is always welcome.
Rate Your Reading Experience:
Number of votes: 104