Who requires a Lebanon visa?
Almost every country in the world needs a visa to Lebanon.
There are however the following countries that do not require one:
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
If you are from the countries mentioned above then you can remain in Lebanon for up to 6 months without a visa.
How to apply for a Lebanon visa on arrival?
If you are eligible for a visa on arrival then you can apply for one at an airport in Lebanon. Here is what you need:
- Phone number
- Evidence of accommodation
- Return ticket
- A valid passport
Lebanon visa on arrival countries
The countries that are eligible to apply for a Lebanon visa on arrival are:
- EU Member States
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- North Macedonia
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- San Marino
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States
How to apply for a Lebanon visa at an embassy or consulate?
The steps to take if you apply for a Lebanon visa at a diplomatic mission in your home country are:
- Find the nearest Lebanese diplomatic mission
- Schedule an appointment or contact them to know more about the requirements of the visa application
- Gather the necessary documents for the application and afterward submit them
- Lastly, pay the visa fee
Lebanon visa types
- Tourist visa – Granted for tourism purposes
- Business visa – Granted to people who want to travel to Lebanon for business purposes
- Work visa – To apply for this type of visa you will firstly need to find a job in Lebanon and have the employer apply for an authorization
- Transit visa – Granted to people who need to travel to a third destination through Lebanon
- Residence visa – If you wish to remain in Lebanon temporarily or permanently for purposes of work, study or joining a relative, then you will need a Lebanon residence visa.
Lebanon visa requirements
If you apply for a Lebanese visa at a diplomatic mission then you will need the following documents:
- Application form of the visa
- A valid travel document (passport)
- Passport copy
- Permit of residence
- A passport photograph
- Evidence of financial resources or bank statements
- Accommodation evidence
- Round-trip ticket
- Employment evidence
You will also need additional documents depending on the type of visa that you apply for.
For a Lebanon business visa you will need:
- Invitation letter from the business partner or organization
- Evidence of the business relationship between partners
For Lebanon family visa:
- Evidence of the relationship you have with the relative
For a medical assistance visa:
- Medical reports
- Evidence of the medical assistance you will receive in Lebanon
Professional training visa:
- Letter of invitation
- Training program itinerary
For Lebanon study visa:
- Admission letter
- Evidence that you have sufficient funds for your studies
For a work visa:
- Ministry of Labor’s approval
- Other documentation depending on your case
For a transit visa:
- Documentation for the other country that you are going to travel at
Lebanon visa validity
The validity of a Lebanon visa is:
- One month valid for visas on arrival, however, do know that they can be extended.
- The visas applied at an embassy or consulate can be valid for 15 days, one month, three months, and six months from the date of entry into Lebanon.