There are plenty of places where you can take and print your passport photo. Which one is the cheapest? Which offers the best quality? Read our review to find out!
Where to get a passport photo?
Just a few years ago, people needed to go to a photography studio, pay over $15 and wait to get their passport photos printed. Today, getting a US passport photo is easier than ever. You can go to the closest pharmacy, shipping store, post office or warehouse club and have the passport photo taken and printed for you. The question is if it’s worth the price. How much does Walgreens, CVS, Walmart, Rite Aid, Costco, USPS, and other places charge for a US passport photo? Is it possible to get an even cheaper passport photo? Continue reading to discover a trick that will help you save a lot on US passport photos!
Is it convenient to get a passport photo at a local store?
Getting a passport photo at AAA, Duane Reade, USPS or other stores and pharmacies seems like a good idea but here are some reasons why we don’t recommend doing that:
- 1. Stores, pharmacies and postal offices, such as Walgreens, Walmart, CVS, USPS, FedEx and not only charge a lot for passport photos.
- 2. The person who will take and print your US passport photo may be recently employed and may not have enough experience to make a professional passport photo.
- 3. You’ll waste some time waiting in line to receive the US passport photo.
- 4. You have only one try. It’s possible to receive a passport photo that you will not like.
- 5. There is a way to get US passport photos cheaper and easier!
Places to get passport photos – review
1. The Walgreens photo center allows you to take and print a photo in the photo department or using a Walgreens photo kiosk. It takes 1-2 hours for the Walgreens passport photos to be processed and printed. The Walgreens photo printing service costs $14,99 for 2 US passport photos, which is not so cheap.
2. The CVS photo print department allows you to edit and print your US passport photo at a local CVS photo kiosk. The CVS passport photo cost is $14,99, not cheap as well.
3. You can also upload a passport photo to the Walmart photo center site and pick its printed version at a local Walmart. The Walmart printing services cost $7,44 for Walmart passport photos.
4. Costco printing services can help you get a passport photo but you will need a membership. The Costco photo prices are $4,99 for a set of 4 Costco passport photos.
5. You can upload and print passport photos at Target after registering on the site. The Target photo prices are high – $12,99 for a set of 2 Target passport photos.
6. Another solution to get a passport photo is using FedEx services. The FedEx passport photos can be made directly in the office. The FedEx passport photo cost is $14,95 but you can use the FedEx printing coupon trick you’ll find in this article.
7. You can take a passport photo at the closest USPS office you can find. The USPS passport photo cost is $15. You can apply for a passport at the same place.
8. There are thousands of Rite Aid stores (that are Walgreens now) that offer Rite Aid photo printing services. They allow you to print your Rite Aid passport photo at the closest Rite Aid photo center.
9. The UPS stores can also help you with the preparation of a UPS passport photo. You will need to make an online appointment to make sure the services are available. The UPS store printing price is $11,99.
10. The AAA passport services are a popular alternative for passport photo preparation. The AAA passport photos cost $15 for non-members.
11. Duane Reade is a drugstore with over 250 locations across the U.S. The Duane Reade passport photo cost is the same as the Walgreens one – $14,99 because it was bought by Walgreens.
How to get the cheapest passport photo?
If you want to get a passport photo that will be as cheap as possible, here is our trick! You can download our passport photo app or go to the passport photo online site, take and upload a passport photo and let the photo lab app edit it so that it meets all the passport photo requirements. You will be able to review the passport photo and download it as a 4×6 template with more passport photos on it. Then, you can visit the closest store to print the 4×6 template as a simple photo and save up to 97% of a passport photo price. Use our lifehack and get the cheapest passport photo possible!
Fast passport photo delivery
You can use our Premium Service so that our professionals will review the photo and make sure it’s perfect. We will ensure you the photo is edited correctly and is with the right background. Moreover, if you can’t find a store or pharmacy close to you, we can send you the printed US passport photo so it will be shipped right at your door. Our Premium Passport Photo Mail Service also includes a 200% money-back return in case the photo is not accepted at the office where you apply for the document you need – all that for just $6,99!
Prices for passport photos
Use our trick and get the cheapest passport photo possible by editing it in our app and printing it at a local store or photo centre. Compare the prices in the table below and you will see how much you can save on your US passport photo by preparing it in a smart way!