Australian Citizenship Certificate Photo
Get your perfect biometric photo (compliance guaranteed)
As seen in
How does our photo tool work?
Take or upload a photo
Get your photo verified
Enjoy your photo
Why it's worth trying us?
Thanks to our excellent AI and well-skilled Photo Experts, we create top-notch photos just like that!
Fast and reliable
Skills and experience
Worth every penny
Australian citizenship certificate photo - Size & Requirements
Width: 35 mm
Height: 45 mm
Head height: 37 mm
Top of the Photo to Top of the Hair: 3 mm
How to prepare yourself?
Distance from the camera
Take the photo from a distance of about 20 inches from your face. Ideally, the photo should be taken by another person.
Face in front of the camera
Place your face in front of the lens and keep a neutral expression on your face. Hold the camera at face height.
Just stand facing a light source such as an exposed window. Don't worry about the background.
Overview of Australian citizenship certificate
Australian citizenship is a privilege offering enormous rewards. Australian citizenship is an important step in your migration story. Becoming an Australian citizen means that you are making an ongoing commitment to Australia and our shared values. It is also the beginning of your formal membership of the Australian community.
It is the step that will enable you to say 'I am Australian'.
Application for evidence of Australian citizenship
You can apply for evidence of your Australian citizenship if you were:
- previously issued with an Australian citizenship certificate or extract (this includes children on a parent’s citizenship certificate)
- born in Australia and acquired Australian citizenship by birth
- born in Australia on or after 20 August 1986 and acquired Australian citizenship on your 10th birthday
- adopted in Australia and acquired Australian citizenship
- born in the former Australian Territory of Papua before 16 September 1975 acquired Australian citizenship and did not subsequently lose Australian citizenship on Independence Day
- born outside Australia after 26 January 1949 and acquired Australian citizenship by descent
- born outside Australia before 26 January 1949 and acquired Australian citizenship.
Receiving citizenship certificate
Your citizenship certificate will be printed and mail after approving your application. They will send your certificate by registered post. In addition to the processing time, wait an extra 10 days to allow for printing and postage. If you apply from outside Australia, international postage will take longer.
Check that your name and date of birth are correct on the certificate. If they are wrong, let us know as soon as possible. An Australian citizenship certificate is an official document. Do not laminate it, write on it or damage it in any way. Report it if you lose it, or if it is stolen.
Australian citizenship certificate photo requirements and specifications
The photograph must:
- be no more than 6 months old
- have a full-face view of your head and shoulders (untinted prescription glasses can be worn – a photograph that shows facial features only is acceptable if you wear a head covering for religious reasons)
- be of good quality, in colour, against a plain, light coloured background (laser copies are not acceptable).
We provide photos for IDs from all over the world. You’ll find the one you are looking for!
Popular Documents Around the World
Are You Satisfied With Our Service?
Let us know how we’re doing.
Customer feedback is always welcome.
Rate Your Reading Experience:
Number of votes: 153