As seen in
How does our photo tool work?
Take or upload photo
Take a photo or upload one from your mobile gallery. Follow our guidelines to meet all the requirements.
Get your photo verified
Let AI fine-tune your photo. Order your picture, and have it verified by an expert to ensure 100% compliance.
Enjoy your photo
Download your digital photo instantly, or have your printouts delivered to your doorstep for free!
Proof of age card photo guidelines
Many Australians wait for the identity document which calls a Proof of age card or Victoria proof of age card. It requires them when they turn 18, to prove their identity and purchase alcohol in venues and retail stores.
We prepared a guide for you regarding Proof of age card photo so if you just turned 18 and you are an Australian you should read this!
Proof of age card photo size and requirements
Regarding photos of Victoria proof of age cards, you must be sure to know some of the requirements. In contrast to other identity documents, this one has some different rules.
We will show what is most important to know while taking a photo to Proof of age card.
Proof of age card photo dimensions
The size for Australian adult proof of age must be 35mm wide and 45mm long in size and must not be more than 6 months old be passport quality (automatic machine photographs such as those taken from a photo booth, are not acceptable) be printed on high-quality paper, at a resolution of 600dpi or higher not be digitally altered or manipulated, for example, photo editing to remove spots.
Other important specifications regarding photos to Proof of age card:
- Glasses or sunglasses must be removed from the photograph, even if they are normally worn.
- The head must be between 70 to 80 % of the photograph from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head
- No retouching of any kind (including removal of background, moles, wrinkles or scars)
- Clear, focused image with no marks or 'red eye'
- Plain white or light grey background that contrasts with your face
- Uniform lighting (no shadows or reflections), with appropriate brightness and contrast to show natural skin tone
- Face centred and looking at the camera straight on; not tilted in any direction
- Hair off your face, so that the edges of your face are visible
- Eyes open, mouth closed
- Neutral expression (not smiling, laughing or frowning)
Australian Proof of age card Photo Tool
You cannot use any photo booth automatic machines to take a photo to your Proof of age card but you can try taking it by yourself!
Briefly, it is explained how:
- Take a picture - find light-coloured or white background and start taking several photos with a camera or smartphone
- Resize your photo - crop your photo to the correct size for your Proof of age ID card
- Download and print - download photo or receive via email and print it at any photo stores!
Following these 3 steps about how to take a photo to Proof of age card will help you speed up the process of application. Try it and save time and money!
The most common mistakes while taking photos to Proof of age card
If you thought this is the end of our guidelines, you were wrong. Even if the process might seem easy for you, it is good to know the most common mistakes while taking photos to documents, to know what to avoid:
- the head is in the wrong position - your head must be in the middle of the frame, straight, not tilt on any side
- an improper facial expression - appreciate facial expression for the documents is a neutral one, without smiling, showing teeth or wiggle eyebrows
- shadows - no patterns or shadows should appear in the background or on the posing person face
- wearing eyeglasses - for the proof of age card is required to take off the glasses
- wearing prohibited clothing
- poor quality - depending on the light and your phone camera, the quality might be worse, pay attention to make a photo in daylight and a bright room
- an unacceptable background - the background has to be clear and in a light colour
- submitting an edited or retouched photo - you cannot remove any moles, scars, wrinkles. Editing is forbidden, use for that professional services like Passport Photo Online
- incorrect photo size - pay attention to the size, too big or small might not fit the document
How to prepare yourself?
Distance from the camera
Take the photo from a distance of about 20 inches from your face. Ideally, the photo should be taken by another person.
Face in front of the camera
Place your face in front of the lens and keep a neutral expression on your face. Hold the camera at face height.
Just stand facing a light source such as an exposed window. Don't worry about the background.
Are You Satisfied With Our Service?
Let us know how we’re doing.
Customer feedback is always welcome.
Rate Your Reading Experience:
Number of votes: 114