Take a Shot for Your NY Gun License Photo
Get your perfect biometric photo (compliance guaranteed)
As seen in
How does our photo tool work?
Take or upload photo
Get your photo verified
Enjoy your photo
Why it's worth trying us?
Thanks to our excellent AI and well-skilled Photo Experts, we create top-notch photos just like that!
Fast and reliable
Skills and experience
Worth every penny
NY gun license digital photo - size & requirements
Width: 1.5 in
Height: 1.5 in
Head height: 1 in
Top of the Photo to Top of the Hair: 0.09 in
How to prepare yourself?
Distance from the camera
Take the photo from a distance of about 20 inches from your face. Ideally, the photo should be taken by another person.
Face in front of the camera
Place your face in front of the lens and keep a neutral expression on your face. Hold the camera at face height.
Just stand facing a light source such as an exposed window. Don't worry about the background.
Photo for NY gun application
While applying online for a New York gun license, you will need digital color photograph of yourself. It should measure 1½ x 1½ inches and show you from the chest up. Do not wear any article of clothing or adornment that obscures your facial features.
Basic requirements for gun license photo
- Submit a color photo, taken in last 6 months.
- Use a clear and unaltered image of your face. Do not use social media apps to process your photo as they may apply filters.
- Have someone else take your photo, because selfies are not allowed.
- Take off your eyeglasses before taking your photo.
- Use a plain white or off-white background.
Resolution for pistol license
Submit a high resolution photo that is not blurry, grainy, or pixelated. The image has to be between 600 KB and 5 MB, which corresponds to resolution of 300 Pixels/Inch (120 Pixels/cm) depending on compression and color depth.
The correct size of a NY gun permit photo is: 1.5 x 1.5 inches (38 x 38 mm). Head must be between 0.75 -1 inch (19 - 25 mm) from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head.
Gun license photo quality
Submit digital file attachments to your application in following formats: .jpg .jpeg .pdf .tif .bmp .png .gif. Do not digitally modify or enhance the photo. Remember that you cannot submit a scan of a damaged photo showing holes, creases, or smudges.
Attire – photo for NY gun license
- You cannot wear glasses. If you cannot remove your glasses for medical reasons, please include a signed note from your doctor with the application.
- Wear the same clothing you normally use on a daily basis. You cannot wear a uniform, clothing that looks like a uniform, or camouflage attire.
- You cannot wear a hat or head covering. If you wear a hat or head covering for religious purposes, submit a signed statement that verifies that the hat or head covering in your photo is part of traditional religious attire worn continuously in public. If you wear a hat or head covering for medical purposes, submit a signed doctor's statement verifying the hat or head covering in your photo is used daily for medical purposes.
- Your full face must be visible and your hat or head covering cannot block your hairline or cast shadows on your face.
- You cannot wear headphones or wireless hands-free devices.
- You can wear jewelry and keep on your facial piercings as long as they do not hide your face. Permanent tattoos are acceptable for NY firearms license photo as well.
Firearms license – Pose and Expression
- Have a neutral facial expression or a natural smile, with both eyes open.
- Face the camera directly with full front of the face in view.
What mistakes to avoid on a pistol license photo?
These simple mistakes can cause the rejection of your application when you are trying to get a Firearms License. Let’s see what not to do with your photo for gun license:
- Submitting photo taken more than 6 months before
- Submitting old or not in color photo,
- Wearing glasses, head covering, or other items,
- Having closed eyes, opened mouth, or wide smile,
- Wearing clothes that are not allowed such as uniform.
Remember that the right size of a photo is 1.5 x 1.5 inches (38 x 38 mm), and it cannot be a selfie. A very common mistake is to apply an overexposed or underexposed photo with red-eye effect – the photo must show your natural appearance!
NY Gun License photo online tool
Our photo editor was created to help you prepare the correct firearms license photo taken on your own at home. All you have got to do is to follow the requirements and to take a photo of yourself. When the accurate photo is ready, just upload it on our site and in just a few minutes you will receive the corrected photo back.
This tool is able to remove the existing background and replace it with the correct one; check all the important elements, like the color of the photo, lighting, shadows or your facial expression; and also resize your photo by cropping it to a perfect size.
We provide photos for IDs from all over the world. You’ll find the one you are looking for!
Popular Documents Around the World
Are You Satisfied With Our Service?
Let us know how we’re doing.
Customer feedback is always welcome.
Rate Your Reading Experience:
Number of votes: 167