Application for NYC gun license
The application process may seem to be a little obscure, due to various documents one has to submit, however, it is a serious thing, hence the number of documents is justified. If you are interested in what documents do you have to submit, take a look at the list below.
Documents necessary for NYC gun license
- New York ID
- U.S. passport
- Social security card
- Letter from your roommate approving of your gun license
- Letter of necessity
- Filled application
- Explanatory letter for any of the ticked checkboxes in the application
- Affidavit from someone who would take possession of the guns in case of death
- 3 notarized letters of recommendation
- 2 photos
NYC gun license photo requirements
In order to save time, make sure the gun license photos you submit are meeting all the requirements and are the right size.
The requirements for NYC gun license photo are the same as for the U.S. passport, with one difference as for the size. The gun license photo should have the size of 1.5 x 1.5. inches.
Standard biometric photo requirements
NYC gun license photo
- Neutral facial expression
- One should directly face the camera with full face in view
- Normal clothing. Extravagant outfit or uniforms might cause a photo rejection. Religious clothing, however, is allowed
- Background should be white or off-white in color.
- Glasses, headphones and other items should not be worn
- The EAD photo should be taken within the 30 days
should have the size of 1.5 x 1.5 inches (3.81 x 3.81 cm)
The process of the application for NY gun photo might be long and complex, but you can take the photo for your NYC gun license on our website in no time!