Get a Passport Photo in Los Angeles [Best Location at Hand]
See where to get a professional passport photo in Los Angeles. Or use your phone to snap it at home—faster and cheaper.
As seen in
How does our photo tool work?
Take or upload photo
Take a photo or upload one from your mobile gallery. Follow our guidelines to meet all the requirements.
Get your photo verified
Let AI fine-tune your photo. Order your picture, and have it verified by an expert to ensure 100% compliance.
Enjoy your photo
Download your digital photo instantly, or have your printouts delivered to your doorstep for free!
Why it's worth trying us?
Thanks to our excellent AI and well-skilled Photo Experts, we create top-notch photos just like that!
Fast and reliable
Digital photo within a few seconds or printouts shipping to your home.
Skills and experience
Over 16 million people have used our services within 7 years.
Worth every penny
Our prices are more attractive than many photographers, and you won't even need to leave your house!
Passport photos in Los Angeles near me - digital photo printing
Width: 2 in
Height: 2 in
Is it suitable for online submission?
Image definition parameters
Head height: 1.29 in
Bottom of the Photo to the Eye Line: 1.18 in
Is it printable?
How to prepare yourself?
Distance from the camera
Take the photo from a distance of about 20 inches from your face. Ideally, the photo should be taken by another person.
Face in front of the camera
Place your face in front of the lens and keep a neutral expression on your face. Hold the camera at face height.
Just stand facing a light source such as an exposed window. Don't worry about the background.
Passport photos in Los Angeles near me - digital photo printing
Where to get a US passport photo in Los Angeles?
Looking for an alternative from a photo studio to obtain a US passport photo faster? Great! You are in a good place. Mentioning a place… if you are in Los Angeles and you are looking for a near photobooth or you are considering to take a picture by yourself, continue reading to find out all the passport criteria as well as where to get a passport photo in Los Angeles.
US passport photo requirements at the Los Angeles passport office
When applying for a US passport, certain criteria must be met. One of the principal elements of the enquiry is the passport photo. You need to have an appropriate photo that meets the requirements stated by the American authorities. The key requirements are the size of the picture, the position of the head, the facial expression, the color of the background, etc. In case these criteria are not met, both the photograph and the entire passport enquiry risk being denied.
Depending on the country, there exist unique regulations for the passport picture. For instance, the European or British criteria are different from those established by the American authorities. Because of the way the photos are digitised, the authorities can not accept pictures that do not meet these requirements.
US passport photo specifications
- Photos should be taken in color (NOT black and white)
- The applicant's face must be centered and front facing
- The clothes should be casual. Hats, head coverings and sunglasses are forbidden unless a signed certificate is presented by a physician verifying that the garment is to be used for medical purposes
- If the applicant is a baby, it is acceptable even if the child's eyes are not open or perfectly open. All other children must have their eyes open.
- Lighting should be adequate, so that there are no distracting shadows on the face or the background
- The photo must show the applicant's entire head from the top of the hair to the bottom of the chin
- The eye height must be between 1-1/8 inches to 1-3/8 inches (28mm to 35mm) from the bottom of the photo
- The height of the head must measure 1 inch to 1-3/8 inches (25mm to 35mm)
- All pictures must be 2x2 inch photos in size and up-to-date (taken within the last six months)
- The background of the photo ought to be white or off-white
How to print a passport photo in Los Angeles?
Seconds after you have uploaded your photo, it will be modified, edited and checked by the passport photo maker. If it is considered valid, you will have a moment to choose a printing option. You have the option of downloading the photo, receiving it by email or having the prints sent to your address. If you decide to download it, once you have obtained the photograph in digital format, you can attend any photo printing store and have your passport style photographs printed.
Where can I get a passport photo taken in Los Angeles?
There are many places where you can have your passport photo taken: photo booths, shipping stores, pharmacies, post offices or licensed photo studios. Unluckily, these just offer you a limited choice and sometimes have expensive prices, so the best choice is to have your picture taken yourself. You can take as many pictures as you like and without spending too much - use an online photo booth to save money and time!
Ask someone to photograph you or set up a tripod about 10 feet away from where you are posing. Please note that selfies are not accepted. After choosing the best shot, upload your photo to our passport photo service or app and... that's all! The passport photo app will take care of everything.
Once you capture a photo you like, simply download the passport photo template and head to your closest print kiosk to get a print in the appropriate US passport photo dimensions (2x2 inch / 51x51 mm). Regarding the passport photo template, it should be printed as a 4x6 inch photo, so that you'd get multiple passport style pictures that just need to be cut out]!
US Passport Photo Online - Photo Booth App
Have you ever spent time looking for a photobooth nearby? Well, you could save yourself some time and take the picture using your smartphone! Our app ‘Passport Photo Online’ will crop your photo, erase the background, and check your photograph. It’s like having a photobooth in your hands but better!
These days everything is becoming digital, and at ‘passport photo online’ we are enthusiasts of advanced technology and AI. We have developed a way of having everything that a conventional photo booth would have but with AI. This ensures that the photo you take is perfect for a US passport. The reason this app is so different is because it makes sure everything is perfect so your photograph will not be rejected, however, a regular photobooth just takes a couple of photographs, without considering whether your eyes were actually open or not. If you are looking for a cheaper, faster, and more comfortable solution switching to digital photobooths is the answer.
Taking a passport photograph is not as time-consuming as it might seem. You don’t need to be an expert or a photographer or go to an old-fashioned photo booth. You just need to make sure that you fulfill all the requirements for the photo, like the background color, the size of the photo, the facial expression… And use a digital photobooth that will adjust the photo to the requirements for the official US passport photo.
Passport photos near me Los Angeles
By using our mobile photo app or online passport photo service, you won't really need to leave the house to receive a passport photo in Los Angeles. With our aid, you can get the perfect photograph, which will fulfill all the requirements outlined above. This is definitely the quickest, simplest and most recommended way to create your US passport photo. All in a few seconds and with the warranty of acceptance by the official authorities.
You are able to take your passport photo online, but unfortunately, it is not allowed to submit passport applications online. As for your application, you will have to fill it in manually. To that end, you can either request a copy to fill in at a Los Angeles passport acceptance center or you can just get the (DS-11) passport application form printed and fill it beforehand.
Photo Booth in Los Angeles
You can still find regular photo booths around Los Angeles if that is what you are looking for. But remember that since not every photobooth includes instructions, you should know earlier the criteria for the US passport photo, such as, the pose you should have, what should you be wearing, where to look, etc.
Passport Photo Online lets you to take a photo anywhere and at any time – in your house, while shopping, in a café! The photo checker will ensure to crop and resize the photo as required, as well as there is nothing (neither bad lighting nor hair or any other complements) that creates shadows on your face.
Passport photos at Walmart
At Walmart, you could ask to print a US passport photo, but if so, you will get a 2x2 inches photo that costs $7,64. An alternative way of getting the passport photograph prints would be asking for a 4x6 inches dimensions photo, which will cost only 25¢ and it will have a pair of photos on it.
How can I make this hack work? Easy! When you go to Walmart make sure to have a layout with a couple of your passport pictures on it, and ask them to print the format in a standard photo dimensions (4x6 inch). This way you will have an extra photo in case you need it any day and it will be cheaper!
If you are not sure how to get prints of your US passport photo at Walmart store, just read our Walmart store passport photograph prints guidelines.
Walmart photo shops in Los Angeles, CA:
- South Gate, Walmart Supercenter #3180, 4651 Firestone Blvd
- Rosemead, Walmart Supercenter #5154, 1827 Walnut Grove Ave
- Pico Rivera, Walmart Supercenter #2886, 8500 Washington Blvd
- Compton, Walmart Supercenter #5807, 2100 N Long Beach Blvd
- Downey, Neighborhood Market #5603, 12270 Paramount Blvd
- Burbank, Walmart Supercenter #5686, 1301 N Victory Pl
- Downey, Walmart Supercenter #4132, 9001 Apollo Way
- Paramount, Walmart Supercenter #2110, 14501 Lakewood Blvd
- Hawthorne, Neighborhood Market #5604, 14441 Inglewood Ave
- Santa Fe Springs, Walmart Supercenter #2948, 13310 Telegraph Rd
Can I get my passport photos taken at CVS?
Another alternative to have your picture taken as well as printed is using the CVS pharmacy photobooth. This is generally available at nationwide pharmacy chains, including CVS. The photo shop service includes taking your photo, making sure that it meets State Department criteria and printing the required two copies for a total cost of $13.99. Travellers don't need to make appointments before getting passport-style photographs taken at CVS, but are highly recommended to call their local pharmacy in advance to be sure that the service is provided.
You can also simply prepare the US passport photo in advance and then simply get it printed at the CVS Pharmacy in Los Angeles, CA. Print our photograph template as a 4x6 inch photograph and you will get your passport photo prints in no time! Check how much it costs and how to do it step by step at our CVS passport photo prints guidelines.
CVS Pharmacy Stores in Los Angeles, CA:
- 201 NORTH LOS ANGELES STREET LOS ANGELES, CA 90012
- 555 NORTH BROADWAY, #B101 LOS ANGELES, CA 90012
- 210 WEST 7 TH STREET, LOS ANGELES, CA 90014
- 1050 W. SUNSET BOULEVARD LOS ANGELES, CA 90012
- 812 S GRAND AVE LOS ANGELES, CA 90017
- 735 S FIGUEROA ST LOS ANGELES, CA 90017
- 1026 S. BROADWAY, SPACE A LOS ANGELES, CA 90015
- 2419 WORKMAN STREET LOS ANGELES, CA 90031
- 1025 E. ADAMS BLVD., 1ST FLOOR LOS ANGELES, CA 90011
- 1919 SOUTH HOOVER ST. LOS ANGELES, CA 90007
Does Rite Aid have photo services?
And the same happens with regard to the Rite Aid US passport photograph, you can print the photograph in a 4x6 inch photo template and have it printed for 19¢ rather than the normal Rite Aid passport photo, which can get up to $7. In addition, this kind of template can fit more photos! See our Passport Photos at Rite Aid lifehack!
Rite Aid Stores in Los Angeles, CA:
- 500 South BroadwayLos Angeles, CA 90013
- 1744 West Sixth StreetLos Angeles, CA 90017
- 446 East Washington BlvdLos Angeles, CA 90015
- 1433 Glendale BoulevardLos Angeles, CA 90026
- 111 East Avenue 26Los Angeles, CA 90031
- 1815 South Vermont AvenueLos Angeles, CA 90006
- 334 South Vermont AvenueLos Angeles, CA 90020
- 4633 Santa Monica BlvdLos Angeles, CA 90029
- 4322 South Figueroa StreetLos Angeles, CA 90037
- 1637 North Vermont AvenueLos Angeles, CA 90027
Passport photo at Walgreens Store
If Walgreens is where you would like to print your photo, do not forget that it needs to be done in passport style. But if you don’t want to worry about the measures, you could use our tool to prepare a template. Either way, you should comply with other specifications like the ones concerning facial expressions, posture, complements… Scroll up if you want to know them in more detail.
You can see how much it costs and how to do it step by step at our Walgreens passport photo prints instructions.
If you already have the photo template, you will only need to find the nearest Walgreens in Los Angeles, CA and visit it. There, you can print it in the postcard size (4 inch x 6 inch) for only 35c, in opposition to the usual 2x2 inch passport photo size. After that, you will only need to cut the photos.
Walgreens photo kiosks in Los Angeles, CA:
- 1625 W SUNSET BLVD - LOS ANGELES, CA 90026
- 6100 PACYFIC BLVD - HUNTINGTON PARK, CA 90255
- 5451 W SUNSET BLVD - LOS ANGELES, CA 90027
- 2331 S ATLANTIC BLVD - MONTEREY PARK, CA 91754
- 3724 CRENSHAW BLVD - LOS ANGELES, CA 90016
- 1501 VINE ST - LOS ANGELES, CA 90016
- 305 N BREED ST - LOS ANGELES, CA 90033
- 1500 E GAGE AVE - LOS ANGELES, CA 90001
- 1050 N HIGHLAND AVE - LOS ANGELES, CA 90038
- 2551 W MAIN ST - ALHAMBRA, CA 91801
Where it is possible to take a passport photo near me in other cities:
We provide photos for IDs from all over the world. You’ll find the one you are looking for!
Popular Documents Around the World
Are You Satisfied With Our Service?
Let us know how we’re doing.
Customer feedback is always welcome.
Rate Your Reading Experience:
Number of votes: 79