At-Home Texas ID Photo [Ready in Just 3s!]
Get your perfect biometric photo (compliance guaranteed)
As seen in
How does our photo tool work?
Take or upload photo
Get your photo verified
Enjoy your photo
Why it's worth trying us?
Thanks to our excellent AI and well-skilled Photo Experts, we create top-notch photos just like that!
Fast and reliable
Skills and experience
Worth every penny
Texas ID Photo Online - Size and Requirements
Width: 2 in
Height: 2 in
Head height: 1.29 in
Bottom of the Photo to the Eye Line: 1.18 in
How to prepare yourself?
Distance from the camera
Take the photo from a distance of about 20 inches from your face. Ideally, the photo should be taken by another person.
Face in front of the camera
Place your face in front of the lens and keep a neutral expression on your face. Hold the camera at face height.
Just stand facing a light source such as an exposed window. Don't worry about the background.
Texas ID Photos are official pictures, also called biometric ones, that allow authorities to identify you. There are, of course, some official requirements that your photo has to meet to be validated as an ID Photo by the authorities of the State of Texas. Actually, requirements for Texas ID photos are rather similar to the US Passport photo ones.
Therefore, to help you take the best Texas ID Photo possible, we have listed the different requirements, general and technical ones, so you will be able to proceed with your Texas ID card, Texas Driver License or other official identification documents.
General requirements you need to know about Texas Photo ID:
As we said before, to be sure that your Texas ID Photo will be accepted by Texas authorities, there are some general requirements you must respect. This Photo ID is very important as you will need one for applying to a Texas Driver License, also when applying for a Texas ID Card, but you will even need one for voting.
Your Texas Photo ID has to be a picture of you showing your head and the top of your shoulders. It must be framed in a passport style. You should face the camera with your eyes wide open. Your head should be in the center of the frame. Pay attention to not tilt it, and keep it straight. Keep a neutral expression. No big smile or teeth should be visible, you basically should look like people on mugshot - serious and neutral face, with no smile.
You can find out below everything you need to know about Texas ID Photo, from general requirements for Texas ID Photo to more technical ones. The requirements for Photo ID in Texas are pretty similar to the US federal passport photo requirements.
Headgears, makeup and jewelry
Rules regarding headgears, makeup and jewelry on Photo ID in Texas are pretty simple. For makeup and jewelry, you can wear it, but it should not be excessive :
- Your ID Photo should reflect your real appearance, so you can, of course, wear make-up, but we should still be able to see your true skin colour.
- As for jewelry, you can wear small earrings or thin necklaces, but you mustn’t wear jewelry that will cover your entire face. The oval of your face and your ears must be visible.
- You cannot wear headphones or wireless hands-free devices.
Headgears are strictly prohibited. You mustn’t wear any kind of caps or hats. There is an exception for religious headgears, they can be worn but they should not cover your face.
Glasses and sunglasses
Texas official ID photo requirements state that you are allowed to wear glasses, if it is really needed. However, you have to be sure that there is no reflection and the frames do not obstruct your eyes.
It is strictly forbidden to wear sunglasses or any kind of dark glasses with tinted lenses.
Validity of the photo and recent changes in appearance
When applying for a Texas Driver License or a Texas State ID card, you will be required to attach an ID Photo of you taken within the last 6 months, or your application could get rejected by Texas State authorities. You may already have a template, but we advise you to verify that this ID photo template truly reflects your appearance before submitting it.
Depending on situations, your appearance may have changed during time. Dyeing, cutting or growing hair or beard does not require you to take a new ID photo of yourself. However, if your appearance drastically changes, you will need to take a new ID photo and renew your Texas State ID Card. Below, you can find several situations that will require you to renew your ID Photo and your official documents too :
- Made a gender change
- Underwent a facial plastic surgery
- Experienced a permanent facial deformation
- Added or removed tattoos / piercing on your face.
- Lost / gained a large amount of weight.
Texas ID Photo - Technical Requirements you need to know
Official pictures such as Texas Photo ID need to respect some technical requirements for it to be approved by Texas authorities. A Texas ID photo absolutely needs to follow those requirements to be recognized as proof of identification.
Here is a list of technical requirements to help you in your Texas ID Card application process
- Color: Your Texas Photo ID needs to be in color when applying for an official document like Texas ID Card or Driver License. All ID photos in black and white will get rejected by Texas authorities.
- Position and Head Size: The space from your Chin to top of your hair should be from 1" to 1 3/8"
- Resolution (pixels): Texas ID Photo must have a high-resolution photo that is not blurry, grainy, or pixelated. We recommend you to submit a 1200dpi resolution photo or better.
- Size: Texas ID Photo size should be square 2 x 2 inches, but also should not exceed the 2 MB digital size limit.
Top 5 of the most common reasons Texas ID Photos get rejected by Texas Authorities
You already know that if your Texas ID Photo does not meet Texas Authorities requirements, your ID Photo and your application for official documents (like Texas Driver License or Texas State ID Card) will both be rejected.
Is there a more annoying situation in the world than having your application rejected for a small and clearly avoidable mistake? We already know the answer: NO.
We have listed for you the Top 5 of the most common mistakes easily avoidable when taking a Texas ID Photo, so you will know all the tricks and our best tips to take your perfect ID Photo!
1. The “Red eye” effect: This effect can happen when you take your photo with flash on. A strong flash could make your pupils appear as if they are red, and that could get your photo rejected by Texas authorities. Therefore, we recommend you to use a natural and even light to take your Texas ID Photo, this way you would avoid the red-eye effect and get the perfect Texas ID Photo!
2. Your head is tilted - You have to closely pay attention to your head position. You have to look straight at the camera. If you take an ID Photo with your head tilted and your eyes not looking straight at the camera, there is a 100% chance that Texas authorities will reject your Texas ID Photo.
3. Uneven lighting - It is clearly specified in Texas ID Photo requirements that your face and facial traits should be clearly visible on your Texas ID Photo. The light should be evenly distributed on your face, and there should be no shadows either.
4. Smile or make a funny face - It is also clearly stated to not be smiling or making a funny face on your Texas ID Photo. You must have a serious and neutral expression.
5. Digital retouching facial features - Your Texas ID Photo must reflect your real appearance. If you enhance or modify your facial features with digital retouching, your Texas ID Photo will then no longer be reflective of your appearance. Therefore, it is strictly prohibited to use any photo editor software like photoshop to alter your appearance nor are you allowed to use a filter on the official photo.
Online photo tool for Texas ID Photo
When taking your Texas ID Photo, for either your Texas State ID card or Texas Driver License, there is a list of photo requirements that you will have to respect for your ID photo to be accepted by Texas authorities. Actually, this list can be pretty long and pretty hard to remember. But the good news is that you do not really need to know this list by heart.
We know that not everybody is an expert in photo editing, that is why our app is here to help you. Passport Photo Online is an easy-to-use editing photo application that can provide photos for ID, Visa or even Passport for every country or state in the world. We bet you are curious now, aren’t you? So keep on reading, and you will find all this information about our app, and let us prove to you how easy it is to get your Texas ID Photo with our app!
Get your perfect Texas ID Photo with our ID Photo Generator App
Do you want to know how to take your Texas ID Photo peacefully at home? We won’t make you wait any longer then! Our app is very easy to use, basically all you have to do is to download our app, available both on Google Play and App Store, and we will take care of the rest. You will see that it is super easy to make your own Texas ID Photo from home in a few seconds only.
You only have one mission: look decent and apply all the general Texas ID Photo requirements mentioned above, and leave the rest up to us. Our amazing and high technology tools will give you entire satisfaction and leave you totally speechless.
Texas ID Photo - Photo crop and resize tool
Your Texas Photo ID has to be a certain size for it to be accepted by local authorities. Actually, the required size for a Texas ID Photo is 2 x 2 inches. But another good news, you do not really have to care about that. Once you have picked up the type of document you are applying for in the Online Photo Creator, our Artificial Intelligence will take care of the right measurements and will crop and correct the resolution to make it match to the official Texas photo ID requirements.
So, all you have to do is focus on taking the best photo of yourself. You can have as many tries as you want, you will be paying only for the one that you find perfect.
Texas ID Photo - Background removing tool
Now let us present you another incredible tool of ours: our background-removing tool. This smart photo tool allows you to get the perfect background for your Texas ID Photo. It is really an unbeatable tool, no matter what there is in the background it will remove it whether it is people, items or even shadows.
Once you selected the document you applied for (for example a Texas Driver License or Texas ID Card), our AI will then see what are the Texas official requirements regarding ID Photo background, and will then adjust your ID Photo to those Texas background photo requirements. You will only have to wait a few seconds, and the background for your Texas ID Photo will be clear, white and valid.
Texas ID Photo - Photo Validating Software
Now you may be wondering: “How can I be 100% sure that my ID photo will be approved by Texas authorities ?”. Guess what? We also have an amazing tool that will check the conformity of your ID Photo, without the need to go to a licensed photographer or to use another online tool. Passport Photo Generator is a complete tool, designed to give you 100% satisfaction.
Pictures are reviewed by our Artificial Intelligence, that will check if your photo meets the requirements for the document you are applying for. If by any chance your ID Photo certified by our validating tool is not approved (a scenario that has never happened), just let us know and we will give you a refund. But as we said it is something that never happens and we give you a guarantee of approval.
Passport Photo Online -Available on Google Play and AppStore!
Passport Photo Online is an app available on all smartphone devices from iPhone to Samsung, LG, Huawei, HTC or even Sony. You can find our application on both Google Play and AppStore. So it does not matter what kind of phone device you have or what your operating system is, Passport Photo Online is available everywhere!
Why should I Use Passport Photo Online?
Of course, you may want to take your Texas ID Photo by yourself, without using any kind of Online Photo Editor. But we can assure you one thing, doing it by yourself would only be more bothersome to you. Editing your photo to make it match Texas ID Photo requirements is a real nightmare, it is both time and money consuming. You will spend hours (if not days) to re-size, crop the photo, remove the background, and you would still not be 100% sure that your photo will get approved by Texas authorities.
So, why don’t you try using our app ? You will save time, money and energy, and you will be sure that at the end your Texas ID Photo will be :
- Edited with the perfect background color meeting Texas official requirements
- It will be perfectly sized and cropped to respect Texas ID Photo requirements
- Totally approved by Texas authorities
- 100% satisfying as you can take even one milion shots and choose your favorite one!
Another advantage of using Passport Photo Online is that you will not have to go outside, to crowded malls or city centres, and sit in a queue and wait. You can take your Texas ID Photo, right at home. You will be able to stay peacefully at home and do everything online.
You could end up having a wonderful time! You should experiment with different outfits, hairstyles, and lipstick, take a lot of pictures, and experiment with the lighting. It doesn't matter how many shots you take; what you have to pay for is the one you want. We even guarantee you photo approval. What do you have to lose?
We provide photos for IDs from all over the world. You’ll find the one you are looking for!
Popular Documents Around the World
Are You Satisfied With Our Service?
Let us know how we’re doing.
Customer feedback is always welcome.
Rate Your Reading Experience:
Number of votes: 114