US Nursing License Photos in 3s [From Home]
Get your perfect biometric photo (compliance guaranteed)
As seen in
How does our photo tool work?
Take or upload photo
Get your photo verified
Enjoy your photo
Why it's worth trying us?
Thanks to our excellent AI and well-skilled Photo Experts, we create top-notch photos just like that!
Fast and reliable
Skills and experience
Worth every penny
US Nursing License Photo - Size & Requirements
Width: 2 in
Height: 2 in
Head height: 1.29 in
Bottom of the Photo to the Eye Line: 1.18 in
How to prepare yourself?
Distance from the camera
Take the photo from a distance of about 20 inches from your face. Ideally, the photo should be taken by another person.
Face in front of the camera
Place your face in front of the lens and keep a neutral expression on your face. Hold the camera at face height.
Just stand facing a light source such as an exposed window. Don't worry about the background.
US Nursing License Photo Specifications
To become a registered nurse (RN) you have to meet some requirements, whether you are from America or an international candidate. One of the required documents to obtain the nursing license is a photo. Below we present the most important thing which you have to know if you plan to get the Nursing License in the US.
US Nursing License Photo guide
Regarding photos for US Nursing License, there are some standard criteria that have to be met before submitting an application. If you want to take photos for this document by yourself, read on to find the most important details and take the right RN photograph!
Photo criteria regarding the US nursing license:
- Two identical photographs in colour must be submitted.
- The background should be white and be without any patterns or shadows appearing.
- The photo should show only the photographed person, no other people or objects in the photo.
- Photographs cannot be manipulated, for example, by removing spots or softening lines.
- The face must be centred in the photo and no more than six months old, to ensure an up to date likeness.
- You must take the picture with your mouth closed, not laughing, smiling, frowning, or revealing your teeth, and both eyes open. Artificial gestures such as raised eyebrows or squinting are not appropriate.
- The photo must be neutral in colour and skin tones should appear natural. The photo should have no creases or impurities.
- The face must be sharply focused in all areas, rich in contrast and clarity.
- The head of the person photographed should be neither at an angle nor turned (portrait style). Your head must be square to the camera; your face cannot be slightly rotated and or tilted.
- Your face and eyes must be straight towards the camera so we can see an equal amount of each ear and cheek.
- The person in the photo must look directly into the camera. The eyes must be open and dearly visible and may not be covered by hair or spectacle frames.
- The camera lens must be at the eye level of the person being photographed, not from above or below.
- The face must be evenly illuminated by the flash on the camera. Reflections or shadows on the face, as well as red eyes, must be avoided.
- If you must wear your glasses there cannot be any glare anywhere on the glass and the frame cannot cover any part of your eyes. The eyes must be clearly recognizable (reflections from glasses, tinted glasses or sunglasses are not permitted).
- In the case of voluminous hair, it must be ensured that the head (including the hairstyle) is fully depicted without reducing the size of the face, if possible.
- Generally speaking, headwear is not permitted. Exceptions are possible for religious reasons. In such cases, the face must be visible from the lower tip of the chin to the forehead. No shadows should be visible on the face.
- The photo should be printed on high-quality paper with a print resolution of at least 600 dpi (especially when taken with a digital camera).
US nursing license photo size
The width and height of the Nursing License photographs should be 2" x 2" and include a close-up of your face and the tops of your shoulders, with your face taking up 70% to 80% of the face, or 1" to 1 3/8" from the chin to the crown of your head. From the tip of the chin to the top of the head, as well as the left and right sides of the face, the picture must clearly display the person's facial features in a straightforward position.
How to take a US Nursing License photo at home?
The photo for a nursing license has many requirements (listed above). After you meet them, you can try to take a photo by yourself. Our photo tool can help you obtain the right and 100% correct photograph which will be accepted by authorities.
How does the photo tool work? It resizes, edits, and checks the photographs working like a background remover, photo checker and online photo editor providing photo cropping editing and verifying.
To be able to use the online photo generator, go to the Passport Photo Online website or download a photo mobile app on your phone. Take a photo with your camera, tablet, or smartphone, but remember that selfies or webcams are not allowed, so ask a friend to photograph you, or set up a tripod 3 to 4 metres away from where you're standing.
Upload the ready picture to our app or website after choosing the form of document you're applying for. The photo creator will now resize the image and replace the background with one that is free of patterns and shadows. Finally, this photo editor may determine if the photo satisfies the official US requirements. You'll receive the photo via email when it's ready.
Common mistakes on US Nursing License photos
After understanding the above guidelines, you can still make mistakes. This is why you should go over the most common ones to avoid making the same errors. We recognise that converting images to documents isn't always easy. Make sure you meet all of the guidelines and don't make any of the disqualifying mistakes.
Regardless of the camera used, document photographs cannot be damaged, overexposed, underexposed, or scratched. This is true of a portrait as well as the photographic paper. Since records are your showcase, try to pay attention to detail in order to create a high-quality picture.
In most cases, the government sets specific standards for picture size measurements. A nursing licence requires a photo that is 2 inches by 2 inches, so make sure yours is that size. However, you do not need to be worried if the size is still a problem for you! Simply use our online photo cropper which will resize your image to meet the official American requirements.
Taking a selfie
Selfies are very common today, however, for a document photo, such as a nursing license photo, it is unappreciated. Since it is your professional document, a selfie is inappropriate for this occasion.
Any attempt to beautify the photo will result in its rejection. Since they change the natural features, retouching, wrinkle removal, tattoo removal, and scar removal are all banned. Use professional services like Passport Photo Online to edit your photo without breaking the American laws.
Too dark picture
It is recommended that you take pictures in the daytime. Natural light will enhance your skin's appearance and make it look more natural. Aim the camera so that you can catch the sun coming in through the window, but don't squint your eyes, to prevent shadows on your face.
In most photography studios, if you are a professional photographer, a flash is used. But if you plan to take photos at home, it is better to not use a flash, but choose the daylight. The RN picture should be natural and represent your natural skin tone. Using a flash will result in red-eye and make you look unnatural.
Wrong background colour
It's important to remember that the background should be light and monochrome. If you don't have a white wall in your building, feel free to put a sheet on it. If you find any small patterns after the session, use a background removing photo editor to remove them.
US Nursing License Photo Generator
If you already know what you shouldn't do and you know the requirements for a US nursing licence, now is a good time to check out our photo app. Use the picture mobile app, which functions as an editor, resizer, and temple all at once, to make the process of applying to become a registered nurse easier!
Regardless of whether you use AppStore or GooglePlay, you can use your mobile app on iOS or Android. Here's what you need to do:
- Download the photo app on your iPhone or any other device.
- Choose the form of document and upload your ready-to-use image that meets the above criteria.
- Allow the app to edit your picture, including resizing, changing the background colour, and ensuring that it meets the USA standards.
- You can opt to have the right picture emailed to you or sent to your home address.
We provide photos for IDs from all over the world. You’ll find the one you are looking for!
Popular Documents Around the World
Are You Satisfied With Our Service?
Let us know how we’re doing.
Customer feedback is always welcome.
Rate Your Reading Experience:
Number of votes: 98