Liechtenstein is a tiny country in Europe which you may struggle to find on the map. However, it has breathtaking landscapes, natural beauties, delicious local cuisine, and unique culture. For this reason, more tourists visit Liechtenstein every year to see what it has to offer. Nevertheless, the number one question is whether you need a Liechtenstein visa or not. Today, we are going to answer all of your questions regarding the Liechtenstein visa application and Liechtenstein visa requirements.
Guidelines for Liechtenstein Visa
You may have questions in your mind like is a visa required to enter Liechtenstein, and you may find yourself asking questions like do you need a visa to go to Liechtenstein. Today, we are going to answer all of your questions. Liechtenstein has a strict visa policy due to the fact that it is in the Schengen area. Since Liechtenstein is a popular travel destination and the number of tourists who want to see Vaduz is constantly increasing, Liechtenstein has formed a very specific Liechtenstein Schengen visa policy.
Liechtenstein Schengen visa application policy
The factors that determine whether you need a Liechtenstein Schengen visa depends on the purpose of your stay, the duration of your stay, and the country in which you are a citizen. According to the Liechtenstein airport visa regulations, you will not need to obtain a visa to go to Liechtenstein if you are a citizen of a country that is in the Schengen Area.
If you are a citizen of an EU/EAA country, you are not obliged to do a Liechtenstein visa application.
Who needs a Liechtenstein Visa?
If you are a citizen or a passport holder of the following countries you are required to get a Liechtensteiner visa: Afghanistan, Gabon, Oman, Algeria, Gambia, Pakistan, Angola, Ghana, Papua New Guinea, Armenia, Guinea, Palestinian Authority, Azerbaijan, Guinea-Bissau, Philippines, Bahrain, Guyana, Qatar, Bangladesh, Haiti, Russia, Belarus, India, Rwanda, Belize, Indonesia, Sao Tome And Principe, Benin, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Bhutan, Iraq, Senegal, Bolivia, Jamaica, Sierra Leone, Botswana, Jordan, Somalia, Burkina Faso, Kazakhstan, South Africa, Burma/Myanmar, Kenya, South Sudan, Burundi, Kosovo, Sri Lanka, Cambodia, Kuwait, Sudan, Cameroon, Kyrgyzstan, Suriname, Cape Verde, Laos, Swaziland, Central African Republic, Lebanon, Syria, Chad, Lesotho, Tajikistan, China, Liberia, Tanzania, Comoros, Libya, Thailand, Congo, Madagascar, Timor-Leste, Cote D’ivoire, Malawi Togo, Cuba, Maldives, Tonga, Dem. Rep. Of Congo, Mali, Tunisia, Djibouti, Mauritania, Turkey, Dominican Republic, Mongolia, Turkmenistan, Ecuador, Morocco, Uganda, Egypt, Mozambique, Uzbekistan, Equatorial Guinea, Namibia, Vietnam, Eritrea, Nepal, Yemen, Ethiopia, Niger, Zambia, Fiji, Nigeria, Zimbabwe, North Korea, and Northern Mariana’s.
Liechtenstein visa requirements
As we have mentioned above, there are some strict Liechtenstein visa requirements that you should know of. Any failure with providing the necessary documents may result in the rejection of your Liechtenstein visa application. To prevent any situation from happening to you, we have listed all of the Liechtenstein visa requirements below:
- The first thing you should do is to download the Liechtenstein visa application form and fill it correctly. Make sure you arrange this application form digitally and also get a printed copy of your form.
- You should submit 2 passport size Liechtenstein visa photos.
- Your passport and its copy should involve your previous visas and your passport should be valid for at least 3 months after your visa expires. Additionally, your visa must have at least 2 blank pages.
- You should be getting travel health insurance to get a Liechtenstein visa.
- You should be attaching your cover letter to state the purpose of your visit to Liechtenstein.
- You should attach your flight ticket and hotel reservations to your Liechtenstein visa application. If you are not going to stay at a hotel, you are still required to prove your accommodation information during your stay in Liechtenstein. So, you may be asked to provide a host letter, if you are not going to stay at a hotel.
- You should attach a document that proves your civil status.
- Last but not least, do not forget to attach some documents that substitute as proof of financial sufficiency. Liechtenstein visa requires you to prove your financial sufficiency throughout your stay in Liechtenstein.
In addition to these requirements above, if you are self-employed, a copy of your business license, company bank statement of the latest 6 months, and income tax return (ITR) is required for a Liechtenstein visa. For students, proof of enrollment and no-objection certificate from school or university is also required for the Liechtenstein visa. Lastly, if you are retired, you will be asked to provide your pension statement of the latest 6 months to get a Liechtenstein visa.
Liechtenstein visa photo requirements
Just like the Liechtenstein visa requirements, you should be careful about the Liechtenstein visa photo requirements too! Any failure with providing the required photo size and form may result in the rejection of your Liechtenstein visa application. Here’s a list of all Liechtenstein visa photo requirements you should know of:
- The background on your Liechtenstein visa photo should be white or off-white. It should be as suggested by officials.
- Liechtenstein visa photo size should be 0,35 x 0,45 cm (35x45 mm).
- Your Liechtenstein visa photo must be in color. Black and white photos are not accepted.
- Neutral facial expression is essential in Liechtenstein visa photos.
- You should avoid excessive makeup on your Liechtenstein visa photo.
- Items like jewelry, and glasses should not be worn.
- Your mouth should be closed in your Liechtenstein visa photo.
- You should look directly into the camera.
Liechtenstein visa types
There may be additional documents required for the type of Liechtenstein visa you are applying for. So, the Liechtenstein work visa requirements and the Liechtenstein student visa requirements are different. You need to pay attention to the type of visa you are applying for and the necessary documents for your application. Here’s a list of Liechtensteiner visas you can apply for:
- Liechtenstein Tourist Visa
- Liechtenstein Business Visa
- Liechtenstein Visa for Medical Purposes
- Liechtenstein Visa for Cultural, Sports, Film Crew, or Religious Purposes
- Liechtenstein Visa for Members of Official Delegations
- Liechtenstein Student Visa
- Liechtenstein Visa For The Wife/Husband of a Liechtenstein citizen
- Liechtenstein Transit Visa
- Liechtenstein Visa for Under-Age Children
For a Liechtenstein tourist visa, you are required to provide a bank statement of the last 6 months, passport copies, and (if there is any) an invitation letter from family or friends in Liechtenstein.
If you are traveling to Liechtenstein for business purposes, you should be applying for a Liechtenstein Business Visa. This Liechtenstein visa for business purposes will require you to provide documents like an invitation letter from the Liechtensteiner company, a certificate from your employer for your business travel, a business bank statement of the latest 6 months, a trade license (if any), and coverage of financial expenses.
If you are traveling to Liechtenstein for medical purposes, then you can apply for a Liechtenstein visa for medical purposes. However, you need to prove your local medical report, a medical attestation from the hospital or doctor in Liechtenstein, and lastly payment receipt of medical fees.
If you are employed by a Liechtensteiner company, then to get a Liechtenstein work visa, you are required to provide documents like an employment contract, current bank statement of the latest 6 months, leave permission from the employer, and an income tax return (ITR) form or a certificate of income tax deducted at the source of salary.
Liechtenstein visa fees
To get your visa for Liechtenstein, you must submit the receipt of your Liechtenstein visa fee. Generally, a Liechtenstein Schengen visa costs 60 Euros for adults. Also, children who are younger than 6 years old can get a Liechtenstein visa free of charge! However, children between the ages of 12 and 6 are obliged to pay 35 Euros for the Liechtenstein visa.
Extending your Liechtenstein visa
If you would like to stay in Liechtenstein for longer than your visa allows you to, then you can apply for a new Liechtenstein visa to extend your stay in Liechtenstein. However, if you know that you are going to need to stay longer in Liechtenstein, you can apply for a long-term Liechtenstein visa in the first place. If an unexpected situation happened for you and you are already in Liechtenstein, then you should advise the national authorities and let them know why you need to stay longer in Liechtenstein. If the reason you have proposed is feasible for a possible visa extension, then your Liechtenstein national visa will be renewed and extended.
Liechtenstein visa for US citizens
Do US citizens need a visa for Liechtenstein is one of the frequently asked questions regarding Liechtenstein visa. The answer depends on the length of your stay in the country. If you are planning to travel to Europe and stay in Europe for less than 90 days, then you are not obliged to get a Liechtenstein Schengen visa. However, if you have intentions to stay longer than 90 days in Liechtenstein, then you should be applying for a Liechtenstein national visa.