As seen in
How to prepare yourself?
Distance from the camera
Take the photo from a distance of about 20 inches from your face. Ideally, the photo should be taken by another person.
Face in front of the camera
Place your face in front of the lens and keep a neutral expression on your face. Hold the camera at face height.
Just stand facing a light source such as an exposed window. Don't worry about the background.
How does our photo tool work?
Take or upload photo
Take a photo or upload one from your mobile gallery. Follow our guidelines to meet all the requirements.
Get your photo verified
Let AI fine-tune your photo. Order your picture, and have it verified by an expert to ensure 100% compliance.
Enjoy your photo
Download your digital photo instantly, or have your printouts delivered to your doorstep for free!
Chile Visa Photo—All You Need to Know
For a Chilean Visa, there are many requirements that an individual needs to fulfil. Once a visa is stamped, and a person enters Chile, a person has 90 days to leave the country. Application for the visa must be submitted 30-60 days before travel. An essential requirement discussed below is the Chile visa photo. Although there are many types of Visas, the photo always remains the same. Here is all you need to know.
Chilean Visa Photo Size & Requirements
Firstly, a person needs to familiarize themselves with photo specification, so a picture can be ready during their first attempt. For a Chilean Visa, a photo must have:
- Dimensions: 45x45 mm.
- Resolution (DPI): 600
- The specification states that the background of the photo is required to be white
- Image must be in colour
- Visa application must include four photographs of the traveller.
- Photographs must be taken in a formal manner – facial expressions such as smiling or frowning, are not allowed
- Camera has to be at an eye-level, head facing straight forward
- Eyes must be perfectly visible.
- Although glasses are sometimes permitted for the picture, it’s usually advised to take them off. Sunglasses or tinted lenses are also not prohibited.
- Headwear must be taken off for the duration of the photo.
- A digital photo is permitted (using an app or an online source), as long as it follows the Chilean visa photo guidelines.
Validity of the Visa photo
Photos must reflect a person's current appearance. Therefore, an image cannot be outdated and must be taken within six months prior to travel. Photos older than six months will be rejected. Moreover, photos that are not professionally taken are likely to be rejected. In case of any sudden image appearances, an update of the photo might also be required.
Chile Visa photo size and crop tools
For purpose of a Visa to Chile, a photo needs to be edited – cropped. This is because 60-70% of the photo has to present travellers’ face. Hence, the image is always printed and then cropped (in a studio by a professional or online) from standard 44x44mm to 27mm x 31m. For a digital image, the permitted size is; width: 472 pixels, Heights: 708 pixels. For people who use the app for a Visa photograph – an editing/cropping tool is available in the app.
Most Common mistakes when taking a photo for a Chile visa
- One of the most common mistakes is the format/size, make sure the image is always cropped before an application is sent. This is normally done by the photographer in a photo studio, or via a mobile app.
- Background is not white – people often think something similar to a white colour will be accepted. Yet, 99% of the time images with a different background colour than white are rejected. For those who use an app for the Visa photo, any-colour background can be edited to white.
- The image is too dark, too blurry or has bad lighting. Picture must clearly show applicants face for the application to be accepted. Not an even light will cause a shadow and instant failure of the application,
- Applicant is not facing forward & not looking into a camera. One of the requirements is that the person must be facing forward, as 60-70% of the image has to show their face. Their eyes must be open for the duration of the picture and they must look straight into camera lenses.
- A person is smiling. Specification clearly indicates that a picture must present neutral face expression. Smiling is not allowed in any official documentation.
- A selfie is provided instead of a professional image. There is no exemption to any selfie images in official documents. Pictures must be taken using appropriate tools, otherwise, Visa application will not even be examined.
- A person is wearing a headband. It is essential for no headwear to be worn as it is against the Visa photo rules.
Children, infants, and newborn baby’s and their Chile visa photo requirements
In a situation where an infant, newborn, or child requires a visa, different photo guidelines apply. Although the size of the image remains the same, the head of the child is much smaller and therefore covers less space within the image. In terms of the guidelines, white background, and the absence of headwear also applies to children.
The only difference is that children’s pictures are permitted to be taken in various locations. For instance, guardians may take their child’s picture in a car seat, the only rule being that a white cover/ sheet needs to be present at the backrest. If a baby is lying down on a bed, a picture can be taken from above with a white sheet underneath them. Lastly, if a baby is held by their guardian, hands must not appear in the picture. Moreover, children must be awake during the duration of the photo and must not yawn.
Exemption to headwear in Chile visa photo
As mentioned above, headwear is not allowed, unless it is required by your religion or a medical condition. In this circumstance, the face has to be visible from the bottom of the chin to the top of the forehead, and from ear to ear. If a person has a medical condition associated with eyesight, glasses are permissible, yet frames must not cover a person's eyes. This must be also stated in the Visa application, so no misunderstanding is caused during the border check.
Clothing in Chilean Visa photos
There are no guides to what a person can wear to their visa photograph, as most of the image is their face. In a situation where a person is associated with a beard, it has to be kept for the visa photo. If a person is associated with glasses and wears them on a daily basis, then glasses must be kept for the photograph. For those with long hair, hair must be neatly tied back so no obstruction is made to the face.
However, some things are not accepted, these are uniforms, shiny jewelry and piercings that may corrupt the image (such as nose rings, eyebrow piercings, or mouth piercings). Reflective tops are also not allowed as they may reflect the light during the picture. Headwear such as headbands, hats, or scarves is also not allowed. Clothes that are the same colour as the background (white), may blend in while the camera flash goes off, therefore, it is advised not to wear white.
Mobile apps and photo tools – how to take photos at home
Due to COVID19, it may be hard for people to access a professional studio for a visa photograph. Hence, online websites, along with apps and editors made it possible to take a professional picture at home. When applying for a Chile visa, there are two ways of application: at the consulate, or eVisa (done online). Hence, as mentioned before, the photograph required for a Chile visa can be taken via the app.
People simply download the app on their android/iPhone device and pose to a picture at home, as it works exactly like a photo booth. By taking photos at home with your phone during the pandemic, we are making sure people are staying safe.
Photo apps accessible for a visa photo are now also free of charge. The app allows you to not only take a photograph but also receive notifications with tips that improve your image. A retake is available if the app-tip says that there are too many mistakes in the first attempt. App also provides an editing tool for any cropping, background editing, or getting rid of the shadow. Photos are generated straight away so the online application is simple. For those who apply in hard copy, photos can be sent via mail (this takes up to 3-5 working days).
Are You Satisfied With Our Service?
Let us know how we’re doing.
Customer feedback is always welcome.
Rate Your Reading Experience:
Number of votes: 115