Irish Visa Photo: Guidelines for a Successful Application [And a Hassle-Free Visa Photo Tool]
Get your perfect biometric photo (compliance guaranteed)
As seen in
How does our photo tool work?
Take or upload photo
Get your photo verified
Enjoy your photo
Why it's worth trying us?
Thanks to our excellent AI and well-skilled Photo Experts, we create top-notch photos just like that!
Fast and reliable
Skills and experience
Worth every penny
Irish Visa Photo Guidelines
Width: 35 mm
Height: 45 mm
Head height: 34.5 mm
Top of the Photo to Top of the Hair: 3 mm
How to prepare yourself?
Distance from the camera
Take the photo from a distance of about 20 inches from your face. Ideally, the photo should be taken by another person.
Face in front of the camera
Place your face in front of the lens and keep a neutral expression on your face. Hold the camera at face height.
Just stand facing a light source such as an exposed window. Don't worry about the background.
A very important part of applying for a visa is to take the right photograph which might be difficult for some people who have never used a camera. However, you do not have to be a photographer to take the right photo for your Irish visa.
Only what you have to do is meet the requirements and guidelines for your Ireland visa photo relating to size, background, head position, light as well as facial expression.
Irish Visa Photo requirements
As an Irish citizen, you might need a visa depending on where you plan to travel to but also if you aren’t an Irishman but you want a visa to Ireland, you have to meet the Ireland visa photo specifications.
Irish visa photo size
Required photo size for an Irish visa is 45-50mm in height and 35-38mmin width where your face is in the picture from the top of your head to the tops of your shoulders and occupies around 70-80% of the picture (should be about 3mm space from the top of the picture to the top of your head/hair).
Other specifications concerns Irish visa photo:
- pictures must be taken recently (can’t be older than six months)
- submitted photo have to be in colour, printed on photo paper (the back should be white, not shiny)
- the quality of photo both picture and paper have to be high, meaning in sharp, no red-eye, natural flesh tones and natural light, no shadows or glare on your face or in the background and not over or underexposed
- the background has to be white or light coloured with no patterns and your face has to be clearly distinguished from the background
- look directly into the camera while your head is centred in the picture
- the facial expression has to be neutral, meaning no smiling, squinting, frowning or grimacing of any kind so your mouth must be closed too and your eyes must be open
- the face cannot be covered - your eyes have to be visible so you can’t wear glasses unless that is your usual look (and they’re not sunglasses) but their frames aren’t thick and they don't cover your eyes, make sure there is no reflection from the flash on your glasses too, also your hairs cannot fall on your face, eyes or forehead.
- no head coverings are allowed, such as hats, headbands, caps, etc. only If you wear a head covering for religious reasons, you can keep it as long as it does not conceal your face.
Remember that you cannot edit your pictures, such as to remove birthmarks, scars, or even red-eye. This is why it is important to use verified and professional service while taking photographs on an Irish visa, like Passport Photo Online.
Ireland visa photo requirements for babies and young children
Children need to have their own travel documents so if you need to apply for an Ireland visa for a baby or newborn, you must also submit photos for them.
The requirements for babies and young children are quite similar to the adults’ photos to visa, however, here are the main ones which might show differences:
- the child, no matter how old, has to be in the picture alone
- their mouth must be closed
- nothing can obscure their face so they can’t have their hands in or around their mouth, same concerns toys or pacifiers, nothing else can bother a child and cannot appear in the photo
- their eyes have to be open and they have to stare directly into the camera
Otherwise, the same Irish visa photo specifications as for adults also apply for children and babies.
The most common mistakes on photo to Irish visa
You probably wonder what to NOT do while taking photographs to get a visa. Passports and visas or other documents which require you take photos might cause some stress - you don’t want to ruin your document!
This is why we show you DON'TS for your visa photos:
- Exaggerated makeup that covers your natural look - often women want to look the best on the photos but you have to make your makeup to a minimum if you want to take the right one
- Keeping on sunglasses or colored glasses - like was mentioned before you cannot use any glasses unless it is medical reason but it can’t be any flash reflection or shine on them
- Looking not directly in the camera lens
- Smiling, while smiling is adorable in casual photos, you cannot smile at those which will appear in your documents, especially not showing teeth.
- Wearing something on your head - only religious reason can allow you to cover your head but any hats, scarves or headwear that cover your hairline are forbidden
- Wearing clothes of the same color as the photo background
Irish Visa Photo Tool
Do you wonder how to take a perfect photo at home? Do not wonder anymore and use our photo tool which lets you do everything online without leaving your place!
Following the above rules, you can take your perfect photograph for an Irish visa. To finish the process, just use our photo maker. To do it, you have to use your phone to take a picture and upload it. The service Photo Passport Online resizes, crops, edits and even checks the photo in terms of specified requirements.
You have a warranty that the picture for your Ireland visa will have the acceptance of any countries’ institution you will send that to.
As was mentioned, you don’t need to leave your house at all, just order a digital version which will be sent to your email address that you can print by yourself or we will print it for you and deliver it to your place!
The thing is that the process makes it so much pleasurable and easier because you don’t have to leave your house and can make everything by yourself very quickly. Just use our photo online generator and don’t stress!
We provide photos for IDs from all over the world. You’ll find the one you are looking for!
Popular Documents Around the World
Are You Satisfied With Our Service?
Let us know how we’re doing.
Customer feedback is always welcome.
Rate Your Reading Experience:
Number of votes: 114