Mexican Passport Photo: Quick & Ready at Home
Get your perfect biometric photo (compliance guaranteed)
As seen in
How does our photo tool work?
Take or upload photo
Get your photo verified
Enjoy your photo
Why it's worth trying us?
Thanks to our excellent AI and well-skilled Photo Experts, we create top-notch photos just like that!
Fast and reliable
Skills and experience
Worth every penny
Mexican Passport Photo - Size & Requirements
Width: 35 mm
Height: 45 mm
Head height: 34.5 mm
Top of the Photo to Top of the Hair: 3 mm
How to prepare yourself?
Distance from the camera
Take the photo from a distance of about 20 inches from your face. Ideally, the photo should be taken by another person.
Face in front of the camera
Place your face in front of the lens and keep a neutral expression on your face. Hold the camera at face height.
Just stand facing a light source such as an exposed window. Don't worry about the background.
Mexican passport photo guidelines
The official name for Mexico is the Mexican United States and it is a country with about 30 UNESCO Heritage Sites, known for being a popular tourist destination and for its range of flavours and spices! The most popular worldwide Mexican dishes are tacos, burritos and enchiladas.
If you need a passport to Mexico, read the specifications below to find out about the passport photo size and specifications regarding adults and children and how to take the right photo for your Mexico passport at home!
Mexican passport photo requirements
Mexican people are obligated to meet the official rules if they want to apply for a Mexican passport. One of the most important things, regarding documents to the passport application, is the photo! You have to know the dimensions and requirements for the Mexican passport photos to take the right one.
Read this guide to find out more about the official rules, how to take the right photograph for yourself or your child, how to take a photo at your home and how to use the Photo Mobile App.
In this guideline, you will also meet the types of Mexican passports, the process of application for the Mexican passport as well as the fees.
Mexican passport photo size
The dimensions of the passport photo for Mexico are 4.5 cm x 3.5 cm wherefrom the chin to the top of the head should be 30-36mm and the face fills between 70 to 80% of the photo area.
Other requirements regarding Mexican passport photos:
- have to be in colour
- taken on a white or lightly-coloured background
- three photos have to be attached to the application
- taken from the front - the photographed person should be looking directly at the camera (pictures even slightly in profile have been known to be rejected)
- no hats or head coverings, must be bareheaded unless for medical or religious reasons headwear can be kept but cannot cover face or eyes
- both ears must be clearly visible
- no earrings, no necklaces, no glasses; eyes have to be visible unless they have to be kept, then make sure that they not cover your eyes or eyebrows too
- no smile, frown or showing teeth; facial expression has to be neutral
- any garment that prevents the full identification of the person have to be taken off
- must be taken with a maximum of thirty days prior to submitting the application
- the picture should be submitted in 4 copies (3 is the official quantity required, the authorities are known to often ask for an additional one while the application is being processed and submitting an extra one will save time).
Mexican passport photo specifications for minors
Applying for a passport for a child under 16 requires the same documents as an adult application – such as form DS 11 and passport photos – but along with proof of citizenship, you will need to prove your legal relationship to the child. Most parents can prove citizenship and relationship with a US birth certificate. The department also accepts adoption papers, court orders or naturalization certificates.
However, focusing on the passport pictures here are some guidelines on how to take the right passport photo for young children and babies:
- No objects in the photo - children must be on their own in the picture and can’t hold any toys or using dummies
- It is desirable that your child will look straight into the camera (their eyes must be open and visible) with a straight head no titled or turned
- There should be no object on your baby’s face or background so try to be sure that there are no shadows coming out from the window or that no-one's hands (if someone hold the baby) not appear in the frame
- The mouth of the child should be closed
- Minors cannot wear any hats or headbands
- The photo quality is important too - must be clear, not grainy or blurry
How to take a Mexican passport photo at home?
If you decide to take Mexican passport photos at home, you should use help from our photo tool which will make the process so much easier. Especially when you apply for yourself and your child too!
We recommend using our photo booth app or website available on the Passport Photo Online site. It will perfectly edit any photo to the document you want! Besides that, it measures the size to fit in with official government requirements and even works like a background remover to make it uniform and of the right colour.
Take a photo by your phone, upload it to our passport photo editor and the rest leave it to us! Do not hesitate, try it now and enjoy your perfect passport photo taken without leaving your home!
Mexican Passport Photo Mobile App
While you meet the above rules and you know what the requirements for Mexican passport photo are for you and your child, you might want to use our Passport Photo Online service or photo mobile app.
You can find the photo editor in the AppStore on iOS or in the GooglePlay for Android devices. Using it is very simple and it will work fantastically on an iPhone or any other smartphones you choose! This service offers perfectly cropping, editing and verification of your Mexican passport photo.
First of all, choose a passport as your document which you want a picture for. It automatically resizes your photo to the official requirements of Mexico. Then, the app editor plays around with your background working like a background remover changing the colour to the right on and removes any shadows in the background. Then, verifying if the Mexican passport photo meets the standards of the chosen document. At the end you just receive a temple via email or you can choose to have it delivered to you.
Try it now and save time and money as the process takes less than a minute and the app is free of charge!
We provide photos for IDs from all over the world. You’ll find the one you are looking for!
Popular Documents Around the World
Are You Satisfied With Our Service?
Let us know how we’re doing.
Customer feedback is always welcome.
Rate Your Reading Experience:
Number of votes: 118